Verizon's Galaxy Nexus ends up in 2 lucky shoppers hands.

lazarus2297

Reaction score
I still see it?? but here it is

0193 070 4763 12/11/11 10:51

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using DroidForums

DanSan

Reaction score
I still see it?? but here it is

0193 070 4763 12/11/11 10:51

thank u. im pulling this receipt up tomorrow and looking into this.

we also have the employees numbers who rang up the receipt. its the number directly above the price.

Last edited:

lazarus2297

Reaction score
thank u. im pulling this receipt up tomorrow and looking into this.

we also have the employees numbers who rang up the receipt. its the number directly above the price.

Pm sent

ntrddragn

Reaction score
HUH???? isnt tax on these phones on the suggested retail value of the phones and not on the purchase price in this case the 299.99 price. shown on the picture if thats the case it was sold for cheaper than it should have been. I know that when I buy a phone for lets say 199.99 they always charge tax on the 499 the phone restails for. so could be a double BO BO here not sure but thats what it looks like.

only when you buy it at the corp store. i got my OG Droid at walmart (so. cal) and they charge me on the price i got it for not the suggested price.

jroc

Silver Member
Reaction score
I mentioned in another thread I thought a Sunday release was kinda odd. Looks like whoever mentioned 12-11 was kinda right...lol

This sucks for ppl that are waiting for this phone.... I think the closer it gets to being released the more I wanna try one out.

There are lots of reasons the employee would get in trouble for this.. they didn't ring out the proper sku clearly on purpose.. also there is no contract renewal sku attached to the phone... This employee did not do this "in ignorance" in fact they did it this way to avoid getting caught and the person whom they sold the phone too just threw them under the bus.. wether knowingly or not...

Like folks the get phones early from conferences, testers and sell it...the buyer shouldnt post pics...just talk about the phone without giving too much detail about how they got it.

Last edited:

DanSan

Reaction score
ok so i looked into this and its legit but somebody, maybe multiple people are in deep doo-doo and going to lose their job.

just like i figured, they didnt do it like this to "hide" anything. they did it like this because the register literally wont let them ring it up. they rung it up as a fake SKU, they manually put it in the info and price. now this will show up on an inventory report as needing to be adjusted. Also they sold a phone that is $699 or whatever for $299... not only is it going to show up on an inventory report but its also going to show up on an adjustment report showing somebody sold this phone for way under cost. the employees numbers are on the receipt so hes screwed. also anyone else who put an over ride into that register is also screwed. also when verizon finds out, the store is going to be screwed...

Last edited by a moderator:

Tuktanuk

Reaction score
and all because they had zero patience and thought they could just "sell" an un-released phone. Well; I hope it was worth it.

rowdyguy124

Reaction score
I just got a call from my Verizon store rep. I can purchase and activate my Galaxy Nexus Thursday morning!!!! Finally!!!!!:icon_ lala:dancedroid:icon_ banana::icon_ lala:

captdroid

Reaction score
I just got a call from my Verizon store rep. I can purchase and activate my Galaxy Nexus Thursday morning!!!! Finally!!!!!:icon_ lala:dancedroid:icon_ banana::icon_ lala:

One of my local stores says they have a fully functional demo, no release date. The others behave as if the phone is some sort of top secret... no demo, no release date, we don't have the phone BS... lol Oh well... maybe I will wait until the price drops to get a price break... payback for the inconvenience of hearing this baloney from these Verizon reps.

I just saw a Razr commercial... yuk.. lol

Oh and I told one of the Verizon store reps being super secretive that people already have them. I thought he was going to hurl while still on the phone... lol He's like no way they work it's not even in the system. I told him Google is your friend... rofl :D I just had to tweak Mr super secret Verizon rep!

Maybe that's what I will do for a while after the GN is released finally... go into stores and harass the reps... lol Something like... yea I could renew my 2 year but my OG droid is so sweet I don't know about this other crap... lol Waist a good hour of their time going back and forth and finally walk out... lol Maybe I start this harass the rep campaign until the GN is released stating I must see the GN before making a decision and be able to buy it!

Last edited:

mightym

Reaction score
One of my local stores says they have a fully functional demo, no release date. The others behave as if the phone is some sort of top secret... no demo, no release date, we don't have the phone BS... lol Oh well... maybe I will wait until the price drops to get a price break... payback for the inconvenience of hearing this baloney from these Verizon reps.

I just saw a Razr commercial... yuk.. lol

Oh and I told one of the Verizon store reps being super secretive that people already have them. I thought he was going to hurl while still on the phone... lol He's like no way they work it's not even in the system. I told him Google is your friend... rofl :D I just had to tweak Mr super secret Verizon rep!

Maybe that's what I will do for a while after the GN is released finally... go into stores and harass the reps... lol Something like... yea I could renew my 2 year but my OG droid is so sweet I don't know about this other crap... lol Waist a good hour of their time going back and forth and finally walk out... lol Maybe I start this harass the rep campaign until the GN is released stating I must see the GN before making a decision and be able to buy it!

I like the idea of going to a verizon store and pretending like i'm sold on the RAZR and get the sales rep. all giddy inside thinking they will get a sale out of me, then before i pay for the RAZR i'll pretend i just got a text from my friend on my OG saying that the GNEX is coming out this week and that i should wait for that phone instead. :icon_ banana:

captdroid

Reaction score
I like the idea of going to a verizon store and pretending like i'm sold on the RAZR and get the sales rep. all giddy inside thinking they will get a sale out of me, then before i pay for the RAZR i'll pretend i just got a text from my friend on my OG saying that the GNEX is coming out this week and that i should wait for that phone instead. :icon_ banana:

Really! Go right up to just before signing off for a razr or whatever... ah sorry can't do it... just heard about the Galaxy Nexus... lol Store after store... lol :) Give'm a taste of their own medicine.

kparks

Reaction score

Lol u all are not right man... That's pretty mean but will be funny... Get the text and run out the store lol

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

captdroid

Reaction score
Lol u all are not right man... That's pretty mean but will be funny... Get the text and run out the store lol

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

bah serves them right! lol :D

So be on alert Verizon reps... that razr you so fondly speak of in fast words when calling could end up being a no sale... no signature no sale!!! LOL

Last edited: