Verizon's Galaxy Nexus ends up in 2 lucky shoppers hands.

Garemlin

Developer Relations
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
LG G3 (VZW), Nexus 7 v2
Wouldn't be a bit surprised if VZW somehow disables all of the GNs that were sold early.

Tap'd from my Bionic

Enter

Reaction score
Maybe if their store manager was really strict but I doubt they would be fired.
I don't know. This is the fourth phone that we know of being sold despite Verizon telling them not to. They kind of have to make an example out of someone or people are going to sell them like they are on sale. I can't imagine how many times an employee has to say no to a customer regarding this phone.

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
12-11-2011galaxynexusonsale.jpg

Well to add insult to injury this little bit of news will ruffle more than a few feathers. Turns out a couple people have already secured Verizon's Galaxy Nexus at Best Buy. Why is this bad news? Because don't count on going into a a Best Buy and snatching one up for yourself. Notice the SKU #, all 9's mean the SKU was entered manually so somebody is in a lot of trouble.

There are a few more pics w/ evidence over at Android Police. This launch has been nothing short of wacky.

Source: Android Police

Im a hater so ima dislike :biggrin:.

huey-riley.jpg

rowdyguy124

Reaction score
My Galaxy Nexus is down the street sitting in the Verizon shop on hold for me as soon as they ok the retailers to start selling it. Sucks. I could have been cozy with my ICS all weekend. Instead just waiting it out. At least the retailer left me hold the box as he put my name and number on the slip for it.

Rhino413

Reaction score
HUH???? isnt tax on these phones on the suggested retail value of the phones and not on the purchase price in this case the 299.99 price. shown on the picture if thats the case it was sold for cheaper than it should have been. I know that when I buy a phone for lets say 199.99 they always charge tax on the 499 the phone restails for. so could be a double BO BO here not sure but thats what it looks like.

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
HUH???? isnt tax on these phones on the suggested retail value of the phones and not on the purchase price in this case the 299.99 price. shown on the picture if thats the case it was sold for cheaper than it should have been. I know that when I buy a phone for lets say 199.99 they always charge tax on the 499 the phone restails for. so could be a double BO BO here not sure but thats what it looks like.
I don't think all states do that, I know mine doesn't

tgyberg

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2XL & Pixel C
I hope all of the VZW decision makers get this news and their heads explode! Karma FTW!

reddem0n

Reaction score
Having worked in Best Buy, I can almost guarantee you whoever the smart alec that decided to purchase this and put up a receipt of their store # will get fired, 98% chance they will. Best Buy is pretty damn strict about their policies, at least mine was, a manager who worked there for about 8 years used their own employee id to ring themself on a register, he got the boot the next day. Although, there is no employee ID, if this receipt / purchase gets out to the store or Best Buy corporate, it's a matter of using there security camera to track down whoever purchased it. Not a bright idea to show the store # on the receipt.

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
Having worked in Best Buy, I can almost guarantee you whoever the smart alec that decided to purchase this and put up a receipt of their store # will get fired, 98% chance they will. Best Buy is pretty damn strict about their policies, at least mine was, a manager who worked there for about 8 years used their own employee id to ring themself on a register, he got the boot the next day. Although, there is no employee ID, if this receipt / purchase gets out to the store or Best Buy corporate, it's a matter of using there security camera to track down whoever purchased it. Not a bright idea to show the store # on the receipt.
This wasn't an employee who purchased it for themselves, it was an employee who sold it to a customer - probably unknowing that it wasn't supposed to be sold today, my best buy swore it was being sold today when I went in yesterday and I think if not for the Mobile Manager on duty I would have been able to buy one today

reddem0n

Reaction score
This wasn't an employee who purchased it for themselves, it was an employee who sold it to a customer - probably unknowing that it wasn't supposed to be sold today, my best buy swore it was being sold today when I went in yesterday and I think if not for the Mobile Manager on duty I would have been able to buy one today

Well in that case, there's bound to be a write up or possible termination with the employee that sold it.

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
Well in that case, there's bound to be a write up or possible termination with the employee that sold it.
Yeah, anything's possible but if the employee was not informed then they really aren't to blame - and if they would have sold me one and a job was at stake I would quickly return it :)

Enter

Reaction score
For real. Companies don't give a **** about employees.