Verizon's Galaxy Nexus ends up in 2 lucky shoppers hands.

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
image_thumb60.png

Well to add insult to injury this little bit of news will ruffle more than a few feathers. Turns out a couple people have already secured Verizon's Galaxy Nexus at Best Buy. Why is this bad news? Because don't count on going into a a Best Buy and snatching one up for yourself. Notice the SKU #, all 9's mean the SKU was entered manually so somebody is in a lot of trouble.

There are a few more pics w/ evidence over at Android Police. This launch has been nothing short of wacky.

Source: Android Police

Last edited by a moderator:

alienware777

Reaction score
I'm now debating calling every store that will be selling these within a 20 mile radius.

mrmark27

Reaction score
argh, i was at best buy this morning but was in a rush and the BBM area had a bunch of people so I didn't bother trying

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
My Best Buy swore on a Sunday release yesterday so I drove in just to check, of course they didn't sell me one but I was trying to get lucky just like these people did :)

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
Gonna be alot of angry Best Buy managers.....

Hsunami

Reaction score
i hope this selling forces others to sell it too, that'll be nice

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
...we know Verizon put their backup services on there now

webmastir

Reaction score
:blink:.....................at the expense of 2 now ex-employees

Enter

Reaction score
Gonna be alot of angry Best Buy managers.....
More than that. I remember Microsoft actually shut down some small retailers in France when a couple people were sold Halo Reach before it came out. This is seriously a fire-able offense. Just recently someone I work with was fired over Rise of the Planet of the Apes, like always they have to manually enter the SKU, in order to do that you have to use a unique ID to log in to a RMU (what we scan merchandise with). Our manager flipped out because although it was one DVD, in this day and age anyone can pirate and they have to look at it like this person might pirate the movie for thousands if not millions of people.

Knowpig

Reaction score
I would be surprised if they fired an employee that went the extra mile trying to help a customer. I would stand by that individual all day long.
If anyone should get a good rogering, it's the upper management at VZ holding this up.

Posted with my thought to text Liquid Droid2.