Verizon's Fall 2010 Roadmap Leaked

danDroid

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
verizon-oct-roadmap.jpg

If you thought this summer was hot with Android Phone releases, you haven't seen nothing yet. The 2010 fall roadmap of Verizon product releases has been leaked and folks we have some good stuff coming down the pipe.

Samsung SCH-i400 Continuum on tap for late October. We'd heard from our other source that it'd be on tap for early November, but either way, the wait shouldn't be a long one. It's got a 1GHz processor and is known internally by the codename "Garnett."

Motorola Venus in October. This is an interesting one -- Verizon bills it as having "BlackBerry look and feel" with a QWERTY keyboard up front below the screen, possibly mimicking T-Mobile's Charm, but higher-end thanks to a 1GHz processor and both CDMA and GSM / HSPA radios on top of Froyo.

Motorola Droid Pro tentatively scheduled for late October or early November. It's listed as having a 1.3GHz processor, Froyo, global radios, and Flash 10. We still have every reason to believe this is the phone we've been calling the Droid 2 World Edition (or Global Edition), but it's unclear whether it'll replace the Droid 2 altogether.

HTC Merge / Lexicon / Lexikon
coming in late October / early November, too. Don't be fooled: all of these code names refer to the same device, and even Verizon's communication uses both "Merge" and "Lexicon" interchangeably. As expected, it's a global phone with a 1GHz Snapdragon.

LG enV Pro -- with Android -- coming in November. In all likelihood, this is the phone we referred to as the enV Touch 2 back in August. It'll maintain the enV Touch form factor and feature a 1GHz processor plus a global radio, making it the best enV (and frankly, possibly the best Android phone from LG anywhere in the world) to date.

Motorola Stingray tablet in Q1 of 2011. Now this is interesting. We'd previously thought the Stingray would be a smaller tablet, but it now seems it'll be a full 10 inches with Android 3.0 Gingerbread, 16GB of on-board storage, and Tegra 2. Oh, but that's not the best part: it'll also be "hardware upgradeable to LTE," initially launching with CDMA alone. Whether that means
It appears the Motorola Droid Pro could possibly launch on the 1 year anniversary date of the original and ever so famous Motorola Droid. Let us know what phone you would consider for your next device!

Source: Engadget

Last edited by a moderator:

huskur

Reaction score
wish there was a phone with a slide keyboard the size fo the "X"

Droid Pro sounds like the way to go though

Blackhawk55

Reaction score
My vote is for:

December

Motorola Droid T2 – Absent from the latest leak is Motorola’s Tegra 2 powered phone. Like I said above we thought this device was called the Venus, but that name is for the BlackBerry-style Droid. We have no codename for this device so I gave it the nickname of Droid T2 (Tegra 2). We already know that NVIDIA’s Tegra 2 processor for tablets (T20) is shipping and I’ve played with several prototypes at various trade shows this year. However, we still don’t know the exact status of the Tegra 2 processor for smartphones (AP20). I have not seen any Tegra 2 smartphone prototypes, but I’m told they are still on track for late 2010.

Thought I can't stand waiting until December!

justin82

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
if i had to pick one right now it would be the samsung.. i have the X now.. likely last moto device i own.. not liking the locked bootloader.. (unless they come up with a super phone)

OP
danDroid

danDroid

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hmm.. Maybe this is just the road map for October :) I can't wait to learn more about the Tegra 2 phones, but I think that might get pushed back to q1 of 2011.

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
Nothing for me to see here...moving along :)

Blackhawk55

Reaction score
I do have the same concern as Justin82. I've been on a Moto Droid1 since day one and loved every minute (until it died last week from a golf-in-the-rain incident). So I'm watching the HTC "incred hd/evo hd" and the Moto T2. I'd like the best speced device but given the same specs I'd side with one that I can control without being blocked.

Is it a given that HTC is more dev-friendly than Moto?

Darkseider

Reaction score
No dual core Cortex A9 whether it be a Tegra 2 250 or OMAP 4xxx I don't care. I want POWER! UNLIMITED POWER!!!

ColinZack

Reaction score

Pudge

Reaction score

i have read about that .. nice looking phone but not a whole lot of info known about it..

As long as its as powerful as the X, with Sense and a front facing camera, I'm not too sure there's much more I need to know.

Agreed.

With it not being on the roadmap, I wonder if it's not going to be a 2011 release after the LTE roll out.

douglaswilson

Reaction score
HTC Droid Incredible HD

Make it 3, I'm waiting for the Droid Incredible HD as well. I hope it wasn't a figment of my imagination. :blackberry: