Verizons Early Upgrade to 4g with 150 towards new phone!?

OP
droid2drummer

droid2drummer

Silver Member
Reaction score
i want this so bad because i hate my d2g. anyways my mom has been with verizon since the start (2000 when it was started) and also was in one of those chat things and asked the person if i could get an early upgrade and they said i prob be able to get one but i need to call customer service about it, so im contacting them tmrw. but heres what i will use to convince them (ive been with you for 11 years, my phone has a lot of problems, they dont even sell the d2g anymore, dont want to spend 100 dollars to get a phone i dont like replaced, and anything else i can think of). but i dont think i will get the 150 off :( i just want the galaxy nexus so bad, i have the money and everything.

Well..I can say this..I tried the I've been with you guys thing...lol No dice...I did receive three stories.about my early up...But the first and last both said early upgrade...the guy last night didn't have a clue and said he checked as he put me on hold..He came back on and said no man, its just 150 off of retail...I'm so glad I called back at the number they gave me from the message....this time the man said, 150 off of contract price of any 4g...so I'm stoked....ends Dec 11th..but I'm trying to wait...

You juss been TAPPED! by the drummer
LIQUID 3.0 or Anything but Stock!!!!
<><>-------------------PEACE---------------------<><>

OP
droid2drummer

droid2drummer

Silver Member
Reaction score
How do I get this promo?

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

He said I was just super lucky and one of few....I still won't know for sure until I have a device in my hands...but if the next person I call tells me diff..I'm going to call and speak back to him....lol

leewhite336

Reaction score
What promotion is this? I have an early upgrade I can use but never heard of $150 off!

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

I got my DROID bionic the 3rd day it was out and guess what I payed? $80 lol. No lie I have been able to upgrade for almost 2 years and they kept sending me discount things in the mail they was even calling me lol. But yea $80 for a new bionic I couldn't say no. :-D

Sent from my DROID BIONIC

swikk

Reaction score
Well..I can say this..I tried the I've been with you guys thing...lol No dice...I did receive three stories.about my early up...But the first and last both said early upgrade...the guy last night didn't have a clue and said he checked as he put me on hold..He came back on and said no man, its just 150 off of retail...I'm so glad I called back at the number they gave me from the message....this time the man said, 150 off of contract price of any 4g...so I'm stoked....ends Dec 11th..but I'm trying to wait...

In the past after something like 16 or 18 mos, you're eligable for a reduced price ($150 off retail), at like 22 mos you can upgrade through verizon (not amazon, bestbuy etc.) on a new contract, and at 24 you can upgrade anywhere and receive loyality savings (new every "X" type discount if you still qualify) if you do it through Verizon. I'm sure my time frames are a little off, but you get the idea.

There is nothing (or didn't used to be) that pops up (other than "eligable for upgrade") on a customers account that says you qualify for promotional programs. It all depends on how hard they look into the system, and how stringently their supervisor applies the rules. These programs are constantly changing, and they are not advertised (generally).

It is entirely possible to talk to five different customer service reps, and get five different answers. This because the information they are looking up is sometimes nested away in strange places. You did good in getting their number.

Sign in to my verizon and go to the line you're looking to upgrade. If it says "upgrade at a discounted price" or something like that and you click upgrade and it doesn't show the advertised contract pricing then the rep is talking retail, and confusing it with contract. (I'm not sure if that made sense).

I may have to prepare myself to dial 611 and do battle with the reps.

OP
droid2drummer

droid2drummer

Silver Member
Reaction score
Yes..this is why I called to see for sure...I can say this...I was quoted a bionic for 150 total to me, with contract renew...I took his name and extention...I know that this will happen now, as it was officially quoted from their staff. Whether a mistake or not...I will persue it for the reasons of their offering me word on a price and negotiating verbally which may be recorded....If they back out they may fear loss of a customer due to false advertisement...lol But I'm a nice guy...I'm sure they won't back out now...I guess its a matter of my approach....Lol

swikk

Reaction score
Yes..this is why I called to see for sure...I can say this...I was quoted a bionic for 150 total to me, with contract renew...I took his name and extention...I know that this will happen now, as it was officially quoted from their staff. Whether a mistake or not...I will persue it for the reasons of their offering me word on a price and negotiating verbally which may be recorded....If they back out they may fear loss of a customer due to false advertisement...lol But I'm a nice guy...I'm sure they won't back out now...I guess its a matter of my approach....Lol

Actually you used the operative words in there and they are the only ones that really matter to vzw.

"Lose a customer"

I'm not kidding or being cynical.

Threatening to leave triggers loyality/save programs that you suddenly become eligable for.

Nice has nothing to do with it. It costs them a whole lot less to keep a customer than it costs to get a new one.

You gotta work the system, and stick to your guns.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

OP
droid2drummer

droid2drummer

Silver Member
Reaction score
Actually you used the operative words in there and they are the only ones that really matter to vzw.

"Lose a customer"

I'm not kidding or being cynical.

Threatening to leave triggers loyality/save programs that you suddenly become eligable for.

Nice has nothing to do with it. It costs them a whole lot less to keep a customer than it costs to get a new one.

You gotta work the system, and stick to your guns.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

Lol...yes indeed...I would have never even tried. But, they called and left a message for me. So it did get me a bit excited. Funny how I was going to see what tmobile had because my job would give me unlimited all for 28 a month with them....

OP
droid2drummer

droid2drummer

Silver Member
Reaction score
Lol...yes indeed...I would have never even tried. But, they called and left a message for me. So it did get me a bit excited. Funny how I was going to see what tmobile had because my job would give me unlimited all for 28 a month with them....

Maybe they know, I'll be 40 by my upgrade in April? Lol

OP
droid2drummer

droid2drummer

Silver Member
Reaction score
Maybe they know, I'll be 40 by my upgrade in April? Lol

Turns out...Sadly, I have to turn the early upgrade down. Due to my ex wife. I have to let the contract end or opt out with the possibility of jus switching into my name...This sucks..I was on the phone with verizon all day.. in the end they did offer the 4g upgrade...But, at the contract price...since my phone has issues with hardware. I can fix it myself, but it would certainly be noticed if I ever had to turn it in. So, replacement on the way...Wished they would just give me the D3..lol But, I'm honest and unless my ex changes her mind with all of us moving off to our own lines. I may just have to wait this out. The offer still stands with early upgrade to 4g.. So..if you call support and tell them your issues, they may be inclined to offer this as I was told they are trying to get customers updated... I hope this helps someone, and my intentions aren't to get hopes up as mine were....Its all me at this point.. So, tue I will get my refurb D2...I hope soon to see what tmobile has to offer...Since the other job I have offers the best discounts through them...I will take the nexus S if so....I will be around the forums anyway....I really have grown to like my family here......So, this is just my way of letting all know, despite my anticipated posts and quick happy I'm getting the Prime, and or, I'm getting the Nexus, is not to be at this time.....Thanks you wonderful exwife...you are awesome. My hopes have been slightly shattered to say the least...I just can't see paying a possible security deposit to put this all in my name at the moment.......:-(