Verizon's CFO Says that "unlimited" is "just a word" and "doesn't mean anything."

gotechgs

Reaction score
"anything?"

When my daughter "had" to upgrade to an iphone, we unknowingly (and wasn't advised by the V-rep) lost unlimited data on her phone. Loosing unlimited meant $30 in overage data use to me the past two months. What a stupid statement to make.

geoff5093

Reaction score
When my daughter "had" to upgrade to an iphone, we unknowingly (and wasn't advised by the V-rep) lost unlimited data on her phone. Loosing unlimited meant $30 in overage data use to me the past two months. What a stupid statement to make.
I'm surprised they didn't mention it to you.

gadgetrants

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
I've had consistently positive experiences with VZW customer service -- never once had to whine, cry, raise my voice (I wouldn't really LOL). I would very firmly explain what happened, and that you want the option to restore the unlimited plan on her phone. I think several have mentioned on this thread that "Verizon will say it isn't possible, but just persist."

I'm not sure what the consumer protection laws are in this case, but if the rep failed to mention the loss of unlimited, you have some leverage. At the very least they have to "make you whole," i.e., return you to the previous contract. Of course, you won't get the iPhone + unlimited: either your daughter goes back to her previous phone, or you negotiate with Verizon to pay full price on it (ouch). Those are now the terms since the Share plans went into effect and think about it, you'll either pay for the data overages for the next 2ish years, or you'll pay full price on the iPhone. Either way, if you want that phone, you pay.

-Matt