Verizon's CFO Says that "unlimited" is "just a word" and "doesn't mean anything."

Discussion in 'Android News' started by dgstorm, Sep 21, 2012.

1. syndicate0017

syndicate0017 Silver Member

Ratings:
    +48
    If you go to TMobile for the $30/month plan (what I'm planning on doing) and have HSPA+ in your area, you really won't notice a difference. It's still much faster than Verizon 3G.

2. xxwabbit

xxwabbit Member

Ratings:
    +4
    Hmm.. I'd bet money he has unlimited... Everything

3. mountainbikermark

mountainbikermark Super Moderator
    Staff Member Premium Member

Ratings:
    +3,738
    I'd bet money they pay for his contract and phone as well.

Support Our Troops! !!!
    <><
    From my Beano

• Like Like x 1
  4. Narsil

Narsil Silver Member

Ratings:
    +276
    Unlimited doesn't mean anything? How about unlimited cuts to his salary? It would begin to mean something to him rather quickly.

He's a technological moron.

I'll bet if you asked America Online's CFO in the mid to late 90's whether AOL would ever provide unlimited access for the same monthly price, he would have choked on his martini olive laughing and crashed his Countache. The idea that data access is not going to move towards unlimited at a fixed price is counter-indicated by the last 20 years of technological history regarding the sale of data access.

Franny's argument?

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  5. pinoy_92

pinoy_92 Member

Ratings:
    +14
    this is true. on average, i only use right around 50GB per month. maybe he is saying i should go higher.

6. johnomaz

johnomaz Silver Member

Ratings:
    +682
    Current Phone Model:
    LG G4
    I did. I returned my VZW S3 adn went to AT&T. I'm on a 3 gig plan which I'm cool with. I never went over 2 gigs since I have wifi nearly everywhere I go but it was a nice safety net if I happen to go over. I voted with my wallet and now AT&T gets my money.

7. akhenax

akhenax Silver Member

Ratings:
    +425
    Shared data is for the phone, and then for the tablet, laptop, etc. that one might 'illegally' tether. LOL

So I guess I have an unlimited shared data plan. :icon_ devil:

8. hradek422

hradek422 Member

Ratings:
    +19
    Here's my opinion on these "Share Everything" plans. I'm currently on a plan where I have my line, as well as my friend's line. I was grandfathered in from Alltel with my unlimited data. I personally use just under 4 gigs per month of data, and my friend uses about 2 gigs. I know because I actually check my account monthly to see how much data has been used. I was considering switching to a share everything plan because my mom and dad were wrangled into it, being told they would save money. The rep on the phone actually told me I would be paying about $50.00 more per month than what I'm currently paying. Needless to say, I didn't switch it over, and the Verizon rep agreed that it was a good decision not to. That's just my experience with it.

9. StormyHeather

StormyHeather Member

Ratings:
    +10
    Current Phone Model:
    Samsung Galaxy S4
    Twitter:
    GAPeachHeather
    I'm beginning to think that to VZW: "customer" is "just a word" it "doesn't mean anything."

• Like Like x 3
  10. Theot

Theot New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    This is why I'm using LTE like it's the only thing there is right now. I pay a car payment a month for phone service and they want me to upgrade, pay more, and possibly pay more again for overages.

In January when our contact is up I'm selling our Verizon phones, buying unlocked ones, and going to straight talk for $45 per line and saving $125 a month in the process.

From an Eclipsed GNEX

11. loki993

loki993 Member

Ratings:
    +9
    Problem is that's not true. There are many places where I'm at even in Michigan that has dead spots for carriers and Verizon still works.

Its unfortunate but its true and they know it. Which is why the pull the stuff they pull. They know people will not leave for inferior service no matter what they do.

12. skennelly

skennelly Active Member

Ratings:
    +29
    While upgrading/preodering the s3, I had 3 different vzw reps trying to talk me into a shared plan with my wife by using the above argument that we don't use that much data. I knew that my data usage would increase on 4G just for the fact that you can do more in the same time compared to 3G. I was exactly right. I haven't used less than 5gb/month since my upgrade compared to 2-3 gb previously. I just wonder how many people they convinced to switch to a tiered plan that are now getting screwed for overage charges or can't even use there phone for fear of going over.

• Like Like x 1
Search tags for this page
att usage penalty
homefusion hack
how come my verizon phone says i only have exceeded my text

how to get unlimited data on verizon hack

remove verizon droid bionic fdr code to use inwalmart family
unlimited data verizon hack
unlimited data verizon hack s4

verizon ceo unlimited data just number

verizon data hack

verizon unlimited data hack