Verizon's 'Certified Like New Program' Warranty Exchange Gets New Stricter Policies

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I haven't been on in awhile but I believe I can explain what vatothe0 is saying. So everyone take a deep breath.

What he is saying is that the CLNR Cosmetic Standard Summary is for devices Verizon must ship out. From now on all devices sent out by Verizon must meet this standard.

BUT on the other side if you send back a device that does not meet a SEPARATE standard of device condition you will be charged. ie Cracked or chipped screen, Cracked or dented housing, Moisture in the phone

That is what vatothe0. Calm down friends.

Everyone is calm.

What doesn't jive is this 'standard' being introduced for VZW to ship devices but the customer enduring the charge relating to these standards if there is indeed a separate set of standards for customer returns.

That's what the VZW managers wanted to find out when they were denied the tour .. what constitutes abuse

Sent from my Thunderbolt using DroidForums app

Ok now pieces are coming together.

onsht1kll

Reaction score
I personally think 5 day shipping is ridiculous if u don't have the extended warranty too .. especially if u have no power .. I can see the poor store managers using all their discretionary dollars on waiving shipping charges

onsht1kll

Reaction score
Everyone is calm.

What doesn't jive is this 'standard' being introduced for VZW to ship devices but the customer enduring the charge relating to these standards if there is indeed a separate set of standards for customer returns.

That's what the VZW managers wanted to find out when they were denied the tour .. what constitutes abuse

Ok now pieces are coming together.

Yeah its pretty messed up .. that's why there needs to be an overhaul of the refurb process

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
So the short of it is... from what I've taken from this discussion...

Similar standards have always been in place... just that VZW would pay the charge from the 3rd party warehouses themselves. Now they're revamping the standards and passing the fee onto the consumer?

onsht1kll

Reaction score

Similar standards have always been in place... just that VZW would pay the charge from the 3rd party warehouses themselves. Now they're revamping the standards and passing the fee onto the consumer?

Exactly yes

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score

Exactly yes

So we're just being made aware of the ridiculous standards these returned devices are being held to...

Not that I think this is right... but at least it makes sense now.

Thanks for realizing there was unclear understanding on the topic, instead of accusing of trolling and leaving in a huff :)

onsht1kll

Reaction score

Exactly yes

So we're just being made aware of the ridiculous standards these returned devices are being held to...

Thanks for realizing there was unclear understanding on the topic, instead of accusing of trolling and leaving in a huff :)

Lol no problem .. I understood it all and had to read his posts a few times before I got what he was trying to say LOL

onsht1kll

Reaction score
lol so confusing, but ok now I get it.

Yes, confusing it was.

Article was definitely written to get a rise.... otherwise it would've been simply explained as onsht1kll did.

lol

Yeah they just needed to say refurbisher has always charged Verizon for damaged phones that were being sent back .. times are tough and now Verizon is passing abuse charges along to the customer LOL

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Exactly yes

Lol no problem .. I understood it all and had to read his posts a few times before I got what he was trying to say LOL

You also had a little more background awareness of the refurb process and the break in communication between VZW and the 3rd party warehouses. I did not fully understand it, only what you told me about them being denied a walk through.

Either way it was appreciated. I'm not above anyone else, I can get confused.

onsht1kll

Reaction score

You also had a little more background awareness of the refurb process and the break in communication between VZW and the 3rd party warehouses. I did not fully understand it, only what you told me about them being denied a walk through.

I used to be a tech manager up until a few months ago .. but yeah without the inside knowledge it just sounds like Verizon is looking to screw customers when in reality its the refurbisher

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score

I used to be a tech manager up until a few months ago .. but yeah without the inside knowledge it just sounds like Verizon is looking to screw customers when in reality its the refurbisher

... and basically the refurbisher has been screwing VZW for a while now... VZW is finally passing it onto us :) lol

onsht1kll

Reaction score

... and basically the refurbisher has been screwing VZW for a while now... VZW is finally passing it onto us :) lol

Lol yeah .. we used to get reports saying we needed to make sure we cracked down on abuse .. think the warehouse charges for abused phones for 2009 were up around 2.5 million dollars for the year

Hugh Jass

Reaction score
lol, tech drama is contagious.

However, if I send back a phone in the future and I get a $300 surcharge on my bill because of discrepancy between a warehouse and a supplier, I'm going hunting and it ain't for deer. :popcorn: