verizon's 4G network just took a crap across the entire country again

Reaction score
glad you posted this. I thought something was wrong. o well back to Star Wars!!!

Tuktanuk

Reaction score
What's this!??? Looks like Verizon's infrastructure simply cannot handle the amount of users. As 4G takes off; it seems the network is showing Verizon just how un-prepared it was to handle new demands and blistering speeds. This makes what!? the 3 drop out in less than 2 months!? 4G on Verizon is starting to feel like the iphone on At&t launch...

OP
GalaxyFlatulence
Reaction score
What's this!??? Looks like Verizon's infrastructure simply cannot handle the amount of users. As 4G takes off; it seems the network is showing Verizon just how un-prepared it was to handle new demands and blistering speeds. This makes what!? the 3 drop out in less than 2 months!? 4G on Verizon is starting to feel like the iphone on At&t launch...

it's a new network with new phone technology. you can expect the same issues with all other carries when they launch LTE.

Tuktanuk

Reaction score
umm yeah.... I know it's "new"..... seems like they should have spent more time testing before they went live though.

Axium

Reaction score
it's not just 4g. it's also 3g. unfortunately no 4g here yet. was wondering if i flashed my rom incorrectly lol :(

OP
GalaxyFlatulence
Reaction score
it's not just 4g. it's also 3g. unfortunately no 4g here yet. was wondering if i flashed my rom incorrectly lol :(

when the 4G network goes out, it also takes out 3G service on 4G phones too. if you call verizon, they usually have a recording that tells you this when the 4G goes down. :)

Last edited:

OneTenderRebel

Silver Member
Reaction score
Yeah I only have 3g in my area on the gnex but network is down.

To be or not to be........................wait what was the question? This signature has been Tapatalk approved.

ytwokc5

Reaction score
when the 4G network goes out, it also takes out 3G service on 4G phones too. if you call verizon, they usually have a recording that tells you this when the 4G goes down. :)
OK... that explains why I cannot get 3G on my Nexus at the moment... even after I turn off LTE and leave CDMA only on.... yet my work VZ BB receives data perfectly fine at the moment over 3G.

rherron

Reaction score
Pretty poor, really. Two big ones (that I am aware of) in the past couple of weeks. Impressive.

OP
GalaxyFlatulence
Reaction score
OK... that explains why I cannot get 3G on my Nexus at the moment... even after I turn off LTE and leave CDMA only on.... yet my work VZ BB receives data perfectly fine at the moment over 3G.

yep, 3G only phones will work fine if the 3G network is working (which it is right now). weird, i know lol :D

Snow02

Reaction score
umm yeah.... I know it's "new"..... seems like they should have spent more time testing before they went live though.

Att or sprint will gladly sign you up.

You take the bad with the good. Me? I'll keep my LTE that works 99.9% of the time.

guidot

Developer Relations
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I'm going to pop in here and remind everyone to keep it civil!

:wink-b: