1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Verizon's 4G LTE Network Goes Live Over Weekend

Discussion in 'Android News' started by danDroid, Dec 6, 2010.

1. danDroid

danDroid Administrator Staff Member

[​IMG]

The folks at Verizon flip the switch and went live with their mobile 4G LTE network yesterday. The speeds reported fall a bit short of what we previously reported here, but are still pretty close and faster than many available broadband wired connections.

According to the guys over at Phandroid, initial real-world tests from some of their sources in the Washington DC metro area are a minimum of just over 6.5Mbps. Of course, this is on a mostly empty network, so it will be interesting to see how it fairs when the network gets loaded down with a ton of people downloading their favorite videos 24/7.

By DGStorm
    Source: Phandroid.com
  2. PS3Gamer

PS3Gamer New Member

I don't think it's worth it right now. I mean, I live in Omaha, NE and I found it isn't even available here yet? Not to mention the increased costs of operating on 4G.. Also, what phones are available to operate on the 4G network!? I'm getting a 3G Droid X soon, dammit..
  3. holeshot

holeshot New Member

Now to wait for 4G LTE phones to come out
  4. Edward650

Edward650 New Member

and for the 4g to get to your town, city, etc