Verizon Z Force SMS issues

Discussion in 'Droid Moto Z Force' started by erydzewski, Feb 23, 2017.

Tags:
  1. erydzewski

erydzewski New Member

Ratings:
    +8
    Current Phone Model:
    Moto Z Force
    I have a Verizon moto z force. About once a week I randomly stop getting SMS. From all contacts. Once I restart my phone I start to receive texts, but I never receive the texts that were sent before I did the reboot. Software is up to date. I use textra normally bit have tried the Google messenger and verizon+ and it happens on all 3. I have done everything in my power, including a factory reset. Anyone help would be awesome! Thanks!

2. grunt0300

grunt0300 Senior Member

Ratings:
    +161
    Current Phone Model:
    Galaxy S7 Edge, Nexus 6P
    I've used Messenger+ and Textra, and your problem is one that i haven't experienced. I've got others, but the texting isn't one of them.:rolleyes:

3. Sajo

Sajo Diamond Member

Ratings:
    +7,254
    Current Phone Model:
    Moto Droid Z Force
    That's kind of strange. When you did the factory reset, did you make sure that Backup My Data was turned Off? Did you try texting for a while before reinstalling any apps, after the FDR? Have you checked with Verizon to make sure everything is OK on their end & with your account? It almost sounds like something is deleting your texts since you said you only receive new messages after a reboot.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

4. jkaod

jkaod Gold Member

Ratings:
    +416
    My wife had this exact same thing happen last week on her Turbo 2. Missing all texts and after a reboot,texting back to normal, but missed texts never came through. She is using Textra as well. It hasn't happened again and I think that was the first time. I've never had it happen as far as I know on my Z force.

5. radon222

radon222 Silver Member

Ratings:
    +369
    I've gone through a couple of periods where receiving SMS messages was greatly delayed. Primarily SMS's sent by my wife from here AT&T phone. That was always fun because I'd get home only to find out I was in the dog house for "not answering" her texts. Usually my phone would blow up a couple hours when all the missed messages finally came in and then I could show her I really hadn't been ignoring her :oops:

• Like Like x 1
  6. k1ngr4t

k1ngr4t Senior Member

Ratings:
    +114
    Current Phone Model:
    Z Force
    I use Message+ and do have this exact same issue. It's so annoying!! On one hand I'm freaking out wondering why this person never responded, while they're freaking out cause they never got my text in the first place or responded and I never got theirs. Work with me Z, I need you!!!

#6 k1ngr4t, Mar 2, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 3, 2017
  7. erydzewski

erydzewski New Member

Ratings:
    +8
    Current Phone Model:
    Moto Z Force
    wow sorry guys i never got any emails that there were responses, it still periodically happens and have not had any resolution.

Search tags for this page

restarting moto z force droid