Verizon Workshops?

mikeb33

Reaction score
I have an incredible on order and it will be my first Android phone. Verizon offer free workshops on Saturday mornings. Has anybody here been to one of these?

warrior21

Reaction score
I think I got more knowledge and information from this forum that any workshop could ever give me.

jsh1120

Silver Member
Reaction score
I have an incredible on order and it will be my first Android phone. Verizon offer free workshops on Saturday mornings. Has anybody here been to one of these?

From various reports here, I suspect you'll be disappointed. What you'll probably find is that the class will be devoted to some very basic, standard features of your phone. That's hardly surprising. By even being on this site you're probably in the top 10% of novice smart phone users.

But that doesn't mean you shouldn't give it a try. The quality of classes like these vary according to the quality of the instructor; you may luck out and get a very good instructor. Furthermore, you may find that you pick up some critical information that somehow you've just missed or misinterpreted.

mcatdtDroid

Reaction score

From various reports here, I suspect you'll be disappointed. What you'll probably find is that the class will be devoted to some very basic, standard features of your phone. That's hardly surprising. By even being on this site you're probably in the top 10% of novice smart phone users.

But that doesn't mean you shouldn't give it a try. The quality of classes like these vary according to the quality of the instructor; you may luck out and get a very good instructor. Furthermore, you may find that you pick up some critical information that somehow you've just missed or misinterpreted.

yeah, it does seem like it would be basic stuff for people like my parents, who have just learned what it is to text message. Also seems ripe pickings for some people to get in there and want to prove they know more than the instructor, type of thing

OP
M

mikeb33

Reaction score
Also seems ripe pickings for some people to get in there and want to prove they know more than the instructor, type of thing
Yes I hate meetings with people like that!
Well I signed up for a May 29 class, and my Incredible is supposed to be here by the end of the month, so we'll see if I even have it by then. Mostly I figured after playing for a few days I may some questions, but I agree this forum is probably a way better resource.