Verizon wont replace my phone

joeybarclay

Reaction score
(I treat my phones better than babies and have never dropped mine) A couple of days ago my power button fell into the phone I unrooted it and had my parents take it in (im doing homework) they wont send me a new phone because the button still barely works(you have to press significantly more and it only works on one side), also one of my LEDs stopped working in several flashlight apps and when asked about that they blamed the app. This makes me want to intentionally brick my phone so i can get a new one but i am not like that. I think ill just keep wiggling the power button till it falls into the phone completely :icon_evil: did i mention this is my second refurbished phone?

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
32GB Moto X Developers Edition
Twitter
furryvarmint
...they wont send me a new phone because the button still barely works...one of my LEDs stopped working in several flashlight apps...This makes me want to intentionally brick my phone so i can get a new one but i am not like that. I think ill just keep wiggling the power button till it falls into the phone completely

Okay, let's start off here -- if the button works it works. Unfortunately the people in the stores don't make that distinction between "barely working" and "working fine". Next, if one of the LEDs stopped working in 3rd party apps (Motorola is a 3rd party according to Verizon) then it's a non-issue to the people working in the stores as it's not their problem. I know you said you're not like that, but do NOT intentionally brick your phone. Insurance fraud is illegal.

As for the final part, well, I'm afraid you'll have to keep doing that till either a) it breaks or b) you call customer service and they send you a new phone. :) I'd strongly recommend calling them, as Detonation suggested. If you still can't get the phone replaced check back in and let us know, we might have another suggestion or two.

suzi-brownsfan

Reaction score
I had the same power button issue - I actually had to "rock" it on one side, with a significant amount of pressure, rather than just touch it. It was almost like it lost a spring or something. I took it in, showed the guy at the counter and he immediately started processing a replacement for me - no questions asked. I was really hesitant to do it as my original Droid was perfect but I was afraid one day it just wouldn't work at all. I got my CLNR is two days. I suggest you try again yourself - I know we aren't the only ones to have had this issue and I'm not the only one that got a replacement. I really got the impression that this was a known problem.

Good luck.

OP
joeybarclay

joeybarclay

Reaction score
Thanks for your replies I have calmed down more. I just don't want to be stuck with a phone that keeps having more and more things fail.

Rated_R

Reaction score
Go to a different store. I had one store tell me that he couldn't see my keyboard peeling up from the base. [when you could clearly see circuit board under it] I told him to go to hell and took it to a different store. They replaced it no questions asked.

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
32GB Moto X Developers Edition
Twitter
furryvarmint
You shouldn't have to. Try another store so you don't get the same twerp and/or call Customer Service and talk to them, see what they say. Don't hang up till you get satisfied! :)

Mr Bear

Reaction score
If you scream and make a scene while talking to customer support I'm sure they'll take care of you.. haha

spdivr1122

Reaction score
(I treat my phones better than babies and have never dropped mine) A couple of days ago my power button fell into the phone I unrooted it and had my parents take it in (im doing homework) they wont send me a new phone because the button still barely works(you have to press significantly more and it only works on one side), also one of my LEDs stopped working in several flashlight apps and when asked about that they blamed the app. This makes me want to intentionally brick my phone so i can get a new one but i am not like that. I think ill just keep wiggling the power button till it falls into the phone completely :icon_evil: did i mention this is my second refurbished phone?

They'll consider that physical damage

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk

Mrdanks

Reaction score
Yes I agree with calling CS I did this with my girls droid one and got a droid 2. Never went to the store.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Bxrider117

Reaction score
No need to make a scene. The same thing happened to my power button. you can call CS and they will advise you that someone in the store needs to okay the problem, but they will have to replace the phone. I kept my phone rooted and turned it in. They did have to mail me a new phone and then I sent in my old one.