Verizon Wireless To Start Charging $2 Convenience Fee Starting January 15

Vulcan1600

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
When I left my job as a senior rep at a VZW call center in early 2009, the big push was to get everyone to use MyVerizon, which really is a great idea. The reason for the shift was to ease the call traffic to the call centers. The other push was to direct subscribers to use the "IVR" or interactive voice response or through their MyVerizon account online. There was talk at that time that there would be a charge if the insured insisted they would only make their payment with a representative at a VZW call center. There would be exceptions obviously, like if someone is driving, blind or other handicap that they wouldn't be able to use the other resources. Whether that went into effect I'm not sure, maybe someone who works at VZW can confirm if this did ever happen. When I read about the convenience fees yesterday, I did think, well what a creative way to get $2 from many, many subscribers. However, it is a fee being charged by credit card companies, maybe the FTC should be going after them for putting those charges out there in the first place. We don't jump up and down when a new cigarette tax is added to the price of gasoline. So, not sure why the FCC stepped in so quickly on this one either.

Ansa82

Reaction score
I am going to bill them at least $60 for no Data Coverage last month.. and I guess another $60 this month for Dropped Data.. I will call this an Inconvenience Fee.. They have inconvenienced the heck out of their customers.. And this is what they come up with. Big Red needs to learn to stop pissing on the customers and telling them it is Raining..

AMEN!!!!

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

crashngo

Reaction score
Nvm already been posted.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

garrett

Silver Member
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
We CAN make a difference!

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

sorry to be the bearer of bad news but the customer out-lash had nothing to do with the outcome... the only reason verizon renigged on the fee is due to the FCC investigation

there was a bigger customer outlash from Verizon ending the unlimited data and no more early upgrades then this **** and they continued because the FCC didn't care.