Verizon Wireless Screen Protectors

piper210

Reaction score
Same Propblem with Screen Protector

I have the same problem with the screen protectors for Droid 2, however my daughter has a Droid and I tried one of her screen protectors and it is perfect. The screen protectors for Droid 2 makes your screen act weird also, Verizon on their website tells you about it, but when yo go into the store they don't say anything.:icon_evil:

This is the notice on Verizons website:
Touch Screen Settings - Motorola Droid 2 (A955)
The Motorola Droid 2 (A955) uses capacitive multi-touch technology. Screen calibration is not supported at this time.
The capacitive touch screen requires your skin to touch the screen. If you are using a screen protector your screen may not work as designed.

So try the protectors for Droid , PART# MOTA8553PKSP. You don't have a problem with the screen either and its cheaper $12.49 verses $15.99.

Have a Good Day everyone.

Piper210

morcguy

Reaction score
The Verizon anti glare ones are bad. SGP Steinheil are far superior. Challenging to apply without trapping dust though.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

conecraft

Reaction score
I've used the Verizon screen protectors before.. they are better than the cheep ones.. my all time fav. screen protector is one I have now... LOVE IT

ebay:XtremeGUARD Motorola DROID X MB810 Screen Protector

$2.49 free shipping

you have to dampen the X screen before you install it.. & takes overnight to dry... but it is great (IMO)

macnab

Reaction score
In for one off ebay. Will report back, and thanks for link.

qqqqqqqman

Reaction score
Dunno guys....I have the anti-glare Verizon Screen Guard on my new X and the screen looks perfect to me. I appreciate the anti-glare. Maybe they improved the product?

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
I used one of my gf's anti-glare protectors on my D1 and it reminded me of the screen brightness hack! Needless to say, I'm back on the normal ones now! :)

DroidForums junkie!

Showtime74

Reaction score
I had noticed the 'haze' look of the Verizon screen protector i applied when I got my Droid X. I've always used screen protectors and it seemed like it was just a bad apple in the pack or something. I actually wasted the first one thinking something was wrong with it and applied another with the same hazy look. When I asked the Verizon store rep on my next time there he said its just what Verizon decided to stock as the official Droid X screen protector...'anti glare'. I personally like a crystal clear screen and have little glare issues but ill have to wait and order some from another site.

Cunha

Reaction score
The VZW protectors suck just because they only cover the "screen" portion of the screen. Really looks stupid. Weak.

Xkalibur

Reaction score
The VZW screen protectors are JUNK!!! Anti-glare kills what's a rather nice display. Get a ZAGG invisible shield and you wont look back!

Freezetron

Reaction score
ZAGG screen sucks. Royal PITA to install correctly and even then, it has a tacky feel do it along with orange peel skin texture and it made the screen crystal like. Whata waste of $20

Cunha

Reaction score
After using the VZW screen protectors (glossy) I kinda like them. Even though they dont cover the entire screen, with my commuter they only leave the top black bar where motorola is written exposed. They are basically 1 shot installs and if you get a speck under it you junk it, but besides that, they are nice.

Installation process - Clean screen completely, keep it covered. Do it in a very dust free environment. For me, outside my house was better than inside because I have cats and a small dog. Leave the screen cleaned and covered and as soon as you take the sticker off the screen protector get that baby down on the droid. The longer you keep the sticker off with the protector not on the screen the larger chance you have of a piece of dust landing on the protector, or worse, a fine hair that is almost impossible to remove.

Xkalibur

Reaction score
The orange peel texture...I wouldn't call it that. I've never felt it on my fingers. To even see it you have to hold the screen at just the right angle with the light. Starting off with the iphone 2g I went through a ton of different screen protectors. It wasn't until I used the Zagg that I found one that I never needed to replace. They may not be the easiest to install but I can think of much more difficult things...like trying to open the hard inner case on my otterbox defender.

In the end everyone has their own likes and dislikes...I can't for the life of me understand how people can use and like the antiglare...

Freezetron

Reaction score
Otterbox screen protectors go on soooooo much easier, look and feel better then zaggs. I wish they would sell them seperate from cases

Sent from my DROIDX

Xkalibur

Reaction score
Yeah but the one on the defender blows...leaves watermarks like nobodies business. I removed it and put the zagg on underneith. I may get that other one ultra clear or w/e for 13.99 for my wife's DX

Detonation

Reaction score
I prefer the Seidio Crystal Clear protectors. I've been through various brands of the wet install types (like Zagg) and they do not compare to the plastic, static cling type protectors like Seidio and Steinheil in terms of clarity and smoothness.