Verizon Wireless says there's no such thing as the Droid X

neonerz

Reaction score
I thought this was kind of funny. A bunch of people in my office have been patiently waiting for the Droid X to come out. After todays announcement and release date, we thought it was wise to call our VZW rep to find out when we could start pre-ordering, since I'm sure the phones will sell out pretty quick.

First they told us there was no such phone.

So then we mentioned that Motorola/Verizon held a press conference today to announce the phone, and the release date.

They told us no such thing happened.

We then told them to surf over to Droid Does | The Next Generation of Does by Verizon Wireless to see the official VZW webpage displaying the phone, and they told us they had no access to view the VZW web page.

Anyone else have any issues like this?

justin82

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
lol interesting.. i will call them tonight to see if they know anything

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Just a CSR rep. Wouldn't put any validity to it. It's been officially announced by VZW.

OP
N

neonerz

Reaction score
I know its official. Right now we are between reps, so we only have a ISR (inside sales rep, it seems VZW goes through sales reps faster then I go through underwear), I just thought it was funny that a phone which is probably going to be VZW's next big thing was going unknown by an ISR.

It's almost like calling AT&T and them telling you the iPhone4 doesn't exist.

bje1982

Reaction score
I thought this was kind of funny. A bunch of people in my office have been patiently waiting for the Droid X to come out. After todays announcement and release date, we thought it was wise to call our VZW rep to find out when we could start pre-ordering, since I'm sure the phones will sell out pretty quick.

First they told us there was no such phone.

So then we mentioned that Motorola/Verizon held a press conference today to announce the phone, and the release date.

They told us no such thing happened.

We then told them to surf over to Droid Does | The Next Generation of Does by Verizon Wireless to see the official VZW webpage displaying the phone, and they told us they had no access to view the VZW web page.

Its sales.. They want to sell phones they have today not have you come back another time cuz if you leave you might not go back to that specific store to buy and who wants to lose a customer or in that case they might lose the sale over the phone if they tell you to call back when the phones available

jroc

Silver Member
Reaction score
I called CS right after the conference. The person I talked to knew about the X and said it will be for sale July 15th...I didnt ask pre order or about the upgrade promo tho.

And it sounded mighty busy in the background.....

Reaction score
i just saw a commercial on it myself and verizon said if you have a contract ending in 2010 you can upgrade to the x so im gonna give it a shot

GreenAcid

Reaction score
I Called at 10:35 today, mind you it was my local office...but I spoke to a girl there who went "Yep, We have a list for the Droid X, Do you wanna be on it". I Put myself down :D

I'm hoping they do what they did with my BB Curve. Soon as they came to the store, they called me and let me buy it before it was officially launched to the public. So if math serves me, they should probably call the week before it goes live.

takeshi

Silver Member
Reaction score
All the time (and with all the carriers) if you read around. There are countless threads on reps that have the wrong info or don't know anything about something. It's not a first and it won't be the last either.

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
Unless they (vzw reps) have been trained and told to talk about it, they play dumb....

bje1982

Reaction score
No I agree but some of us are not "dumb as a bucket of rocks" .. although I am not a CSR lol took it the wrong way..