Verizon Wireless Network Extender not working quite as well with Droid

Discussion in 'Android Tech Support' started by Matth3w, Jan 12, 2010.

1. brucin

brucin Member

Mine will list me in a town 7 miles away. Not really much of an issue.
  2. fLiP SiD3

fLiP SiD3 New Member

You would think..........more bars better signal ? How do they expect us to guauge that this is actually working , if you have the same number of bars after you have spent your 250 dollars and installed this thing ? If I see no increase in bars that tells me that the extender is worthless then.
  3. STIDRIVER

STIDRIVER New Member

^^ It doesn't show more bars when the phone is sitting idle. When you get on the phone, it goes to 4 bars. It works as advertised, not worthless.
  4. Matth3w

Matth3w New Member

Fort Huachuca, AZ (Originally from Pittsburgh, PA)
    If you hear the tone and you never get a dropped call, when you did before, it's not worthless.
  5. mikl730

mikl730 New Member

You are actually seeing the EVDO signal strength when you are not in a call. When you are in a call you see the 1X signal strength.
  6. aaf709

aaf709 Nice Guy Premium Member

My default for BW is set to San Diego. I got the multimedia dock at the same time as the NE. With the NE working, it gave the weather for Miramar (12 miles away). When I used the restaurant finder for Chinese food, it gave the restaurants in Miramar. Now it's showing San Diego. My guess is that our cats are bored with the GPS antenna and are no longer knocking it off the window.
    Last edited: Jan 28, 2010
  7. fLiP SiD3

fLiP SiD3 New Member

STI , so you are backing this thing up 100% ?
  8. SofaKing

SofaKing New Member

I got an NE the first day it was released. It has been fantastic with my BB, Env2 Env3 and now the Droid. I couldnt live without it!
  9. STIDRIVER

STIDRIVER New Member

hmm.... Can't say 100%. First of all, I only paid $100 for the unit... So I'm judging it from that standpoint. I'm also still messing with it, so I'm reserving final call. I need to get the unit higher up and closer to the window (I live in a cave.. :) ). The VRZ rep. stated I 'should' get more of a signal while not on the phone, which only seems to happen sometimes. I don't like that it doesn't help picture messaging, but thats only mildly aggrevating. But, all in all, it DOES allow me to make calls in my apartment when I couldn't even come close before. So, if thats what you want it for... Yes, it works well.
    The $250 price I think is excessive. I don't feel I should have to pay VRZ for something to make their phone work in my apt. If no carrier got service in my apt, I might feel different... but Evil Empire At&t gets full bars at my place...
  10. itsluy

itsluy New Member

switched to 3g extender, problems solved

It's been about a year since i've had this exact same problem with no solution.

Finally my extender started going crazy dropping calls as I left the house and causing the phone to have no network connectivity after leaving network extender range.

So after spending sometime troubleshooting with verizon they agreed to send me a new one.

Turns out they now have a new 3G version of the network extenders which they agreed to send since they were out of stock on the 1x version.

Anyways I got the new one today and I'm looking at my phone right now:

*** Full bars on 3G and can even use data through the extender (1.2mbps down even)****

The biggest advantage here is that my droid's battery won't be dead in a few hours when at home.

Looks like some (if not all) of my problems are fixed now, if given a choice get the 3G version of the extender!
  11. Vulcan1600

Vulcan1600 DF Super Moderator Staff Member Premium Member

Well, they got a tower issue resolved a few months ago and we were able to part with the NE, so we actually have one not being used. That's awesome they now have a 3G version. Glad it's working out for you!
  12. moneil1002

moneil1002 New Member

Extender and Thunderbolt Issues

I just received my TB yesterday and I love it! However, it will not remain connected to my extender. It will hop on and off randomly even if I am sitting right next to it. Did not have these issues w/D 1 and my husband had DX and no issues there. I did notice not as many 3G bars where I had full bars on my D1, but bars don't mean as much. I would just like coverage at this point from my extender or this beauty has to to back. Did anyone else have extender connectivity issues?
    I have an open ticket with engineering, but haven't heard yet....day 2.
  13. Backnblack

Backnblack Premium Member Premium Member

Do you have 4G switched off?
  14. moneil1002

moneil1002 New Member

Backnblack,

No, was not aware of being able to do so, nor was it ever mentioned to me.
    Can you advise me how?

The phone is showing 3g signal most times, I do not have 4g in my area at all.
  15. jimsparkman

jimsparkman New Member

Hello, I have the 3G NE and it's always worked great, but I got the Bionic yesterday and now I'm seeing exactly the same thing that you are with the TB. Data Randomly drops in and out, quite frustrating. I have already tried swithing to 3G Only for data but it makes no difference. So, switched it back to CDMA/LTE for 3G/4G coverage when I'm out.

If I unplug the NE, my Bionic connects to 3G and seems to be very stable there. Since it seems the Bionic signal is stronger than other phones I've had, I may try a few days without the NE and see how it goes. Would be nice to get this resolved, though.

- Jim
  16. LLR

LLR New Member

I have a ne and it seems to work fine with my bionic. I got my ne a couple weeks before I got my bionic. I do have data issues but I have the same issues on or off my ne.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums
  17. maryquiryp

maryquiryp New Member

Read the link I posted in #4...even with the supposed no signal it was working perfectly...before that. But it's probably a problem with my ISP not the NE.
Search tags for this page
s3 says no network connection to verizon extender
verizon network extender echo
verizon network extender gps hack

verizon network extender hack

verizon network extender not working

verizon network extender not working well
verizon network extender out of stock

verizon network extender problems

verizon network extender troubleshooting

verizon wireless network extender ebay
verizon wireless network extender gps hack