Verizon Wireless Network Extender not working quite as well with Droid

Discussion in 'Android Tech Support' started by Matth3w, Jan 12, 2010.

1. Matth3w

Matth3w Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    Calls are ever so slightly choppier now that I switched from my LG enV3 to the Droid. I live in an area that is supposedly covered fully by Verizon but no service in town really gets good service here (and no, I don't live in a valley, on the outskirts, or in the middle of nowhere).

So we bought a network extender and were initially pretty skeptical about it (think eBay antenna extenders) but to be honest it moved our phones from 0 bars and rarely able to make/stay on a call to full signal at all times (for voice not data).

I know it seems to be working because I hear the tone it makes when I start a call, but yet the reception/signal strength on my Droid is like one bar. I know that bars don't necessarily mean anything but when you are talking one bar with a simulated cell phone tower RIGHT next to the phone, there is no reason to have one bar.

2. Matth3w

Matth3w Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    It says -62dbm and 0 for the other if that makes sense.

3. itsluy

itsluy New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I've got the same issue and so do a number of users on this thread.

4. Matth3w

Matth3w Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    I've got much worse problems now, too:

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/te...lp-no-one-can-understand-me-because-echo.html

5. STIDRIVER

STIDRIVER Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Network extender works good for me... Sucks to hear your having issues :(

6. fLiP SiD3

fLiP SiD3 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I am glad I ran into this thread...I was just about to go buy a Verizon Signal Extender tomorrow. I still might try it , since there is a 30 day return policy and if it dont work for me , I will definetly post my results here for all to see

7. fLiP SiD3

fLiP SiD3 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I forgot to ask.........is that a Verizon Signal Extender that you bought and are using ?

8. Matth3w

Matth3w Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    Read the link I posted in #4...even with the supposed no signal it was working perfectly...before that. But it's probably a problem with my ISP not the NE.

9. Matth3w

Matth3w Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    Yes, the one for 250.

10. JhankG

JhankG Silver Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I think I have read that the network extender is not necessarily going to show more bars even though it is improving signal strength.

11. STIDRIVER

STIDRIVER Member

Ratings:
    +0
    ^^ At least for me... I don't see a boost at all while not on a call. When you make or recieve a call, you hear a beep noise and then if you look you'll be at full bars. Verizon lady told me it should boost somewhat while not on a call as well, but I haven't seen it do that.

12. Matth3w

Matth3w Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    It used to show full bars on my LG where without it didn't. So I know that it does this, but so long as you get the "doo do doot" tone before you make/answer a call, you are good to go. Assuming it works.

13. aaf709

aaf709 Nice Guy Premium Member

Ratings:
    +49
    Right. I called the Customer Rep about that and he said that with the Droid it won't. It was the clearest call I had made on a cell too.

Press #48 and you should get an voice repeatedly saying that you're under Network coverage.

14. brucin

brucin Member

Ratings:
    +3
    I have read that if you receive a weak signal from an external tower sometimes the NE will try to pass the phone off to that tower even though the signal is weaker. I use mine in a location where i have no signal from an external tower and my droid always has 4 bars.

15. Vulcan1600

Vulcan1600 DF Super Moderator Staff Member Premium Member

Ratings:
    +222
    I have a crazy issue with my NE and Droid. I'm using the 2.1 Alarm and it displays Celsius, which is not a big deal, however, I live in eastern PA near Harrisburg. However, when I am under the NE at home, it says I'm in Washington, PA for the weather. I selected "Use My Location" in the setup. I am 250 miles from Washington, PA which is south of Pittsburgh. My area code is 724, which is a Pittsburgh area code, but does anyone know why the NE has me placed there and not where I really am located at? As soon as I leave my house it knows where I'm really at. This also affects Beautiful Widgets at home with the NE too.

Search tags for this page
verizon network extender echo

verizon network extender hack

verizon network extender not working

verizon network extender not working well
verizon network extender out of stock

verizon network extender problems

verizon network extender troubleshooting

verizon wireless network extender ebay
verizon wireless network extender gps hack
verizon wireless network extender not working