Verizon Wireless Issues List Of Galaxy Nexus Issues That DON’T Warrant A Replacement

jerroedr

Reaction score
damn, i was going to buy it tomorrow... at costco... i think ill be ok. Return it until I get one that works!

Arodnum1

Reaction score
Man... At least its good to see tentative releases for the updates this month

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

WookieClaws

Reaction score
Maybe it's just because I'm coming from a X2 which had it's own list of issues, but the minor things I've found with the GNex aren't something that makes me want a different phone.

I'm looking forward to the updates to fix stuff but I knew e would have initial issues a it's a new os etc.

I keep looking at all the things this phone and os do right; I can be patient until the rest get fixed.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

jcardona1

Reaction score
Unreal. So glad i returned it and got a Rezound. I miss the Nexus, but definitely don't miss all the bugs and issues.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using DroidForums

Reaction score
I own both gnex& rezound. I have had major signal issue with the gnex. Iam sitting in my home& cannot make a call or data on the nexus. Rezound is working fine. The fact gnex measures signal in a different way should not be the cause of my phone not working. I like this phone& was going to wait closer to my return window. This post I just read put last nail in gnex coffin for me. I use both phones for work& refuse to be stuck with phone that may or maynot be fixed. I liked the gnex&ihope they work out for you people who have the phone. To me its not worth taking the chance. Good luck everyone!

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
I'm on 4.03 but I left the country the day after the phone was released so I've had near to zero time with calls and data - fingers crossed for my return this weekend :)

Geschickt mit meinem Galaxy Nexus aus Deutschland

rlb

Reaction score
Most of these things are software issues anyway, so I can see why they wont swap out your existing phone with a software issue that the replacement phone is also going to have. However the "3G icon on display but unable to make a data call" and "Signal Strength Meter" issues are big ones. If your phone doesn't work at all then there are 3 companies that should step up and fix it. I'm just glad I haven't had any real problems with mine.

tacticalfats

Reaction score
Did I miss the "drops data like it's a hot rock" and "battery life/OS bug makes the Incredible's stock battery look like that device has a nuclear fuel cell" fixes?

KeepItReal

Reaction score
Every phone has a 'known issues' list. Then they combine the fixes and put out the OTA update. Then there are more, and another OTA.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

Sweettooth

Reaction score
Haven't really noticed any of these issues on mine thank goodness but it'd be nice to see them polish everything off in a month or two (or sooner?) just in case. In any case, I'd venture to say the reason they're not letting you exchange phones is likely because they have to eat the cost of the replacement and since these are verified issues, that means there's a good chance many phones are affected. If it were just a one off problem you could probably exchange it for another one but there's probably a good likeliness someone might get two or three "bad" ones in a row.