Verizon Wireless Bringing Some Serious Heat To The Super Bowl

WenWM

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com
vzwtest.jpg

When there's a party like the Super Bowl, most networks hope their current setup is adequate enough to handle all the traffic --that's not how Verizon rolls. According to the latest report, Verizon has over 65 million in network equipment ready for the big game in the form of three LTE COWs, 400 mobile antennas to handle voice and data, but also 600 WiFi stations to support a total of 28,000 simultaneous connections.

When there's a party, it seems Verizon is the company you'd want to call.

[video=youtube;u2KSp26BBr8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u2KSp26BBr8&feature=player_embedded[/video]
Via: Engadget

Reaction score
I kind of lean toward this reasoning below. But also, I thought it would be fun to play Devil's Advocate.)

That is awsesome that VZW is doing that. Glad to see my money used for something constructive and beneficial. However, at the same time, that money could be used for the network everywhere else or giving more areas 4G, and tightening up their network. I say that because:

1) There is more people not attending. Even if they put 4G in one area or tighten up one area, there are more customers in that one area than there are at the game.

2) The people at the game can still access the network.

3) There could still be other issues with everyone else not at the game accessing the network at the same time - Like people are doing right now. And really, how many outages have they had so far lately, even within the last couple months? I predict there will be another outage during the Super Bowl. I hope I'm wrong. But I jist have a feeling...

And

4) Quite frankly, more people not attending will be accessing it at the same time and, really, who attending will be accessing the network all that often? You pay upwards of 2-3k per ticket and you want to dink around on your phone? Really? And there won't be any other NFL game to check the score of. So...

*Edited

Here
is
my
five
lines. ( "King of the Self-Edit'" )

Last edited:

Nealius

Reaction score
69 million dollars for 4 hours of football? (Yes I know there is more then just a football game involved)

N4UPD

Reaction score
Must be on 3g because if it is 4g expect some dropped data access lol.

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
Must be on 3g because if it is 4g expect some dropped data access lol.
Don't say that. I may have to be away when the game is on and I need it on my phone:frown:

IIGood

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S6
You pay upwards of 2-3k per ticket and you want to dink around on your phone? Really?
You'd be surprised. All too often I've noticed people at "momentous" events whipping out their phones and watching the event through their little 4-inch screen, rather than paying attention to the actual event.

baudwalk

Reaction score
My stock portfolio thanks the VZ users. Nice dividend yield... :)

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

tommyz

Reaction score
I've seen the COWs on many occasions throughout Chicago at all different kinds of events. This isn't really anything new, other than the fact they are probably now upgraded to 4G.