Verizon Will Not Release Sim Lock Code After They have Received Full Payment

BamaBelle

Platinum Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
AT&T Samsung Galaxy S7
Ok, I am going to explain this as best I can.

Last week I paid off my entire verizon bill. Which means the Verizon tablet we were using on our plan we get to keep.

It is a Samsung model# QMV7B

Called AT&T and they said that I can use a AT&T sim card on our contract no biggie.

Problem 1: verizon refuses to release the lock code even though according to the certified mail I sent along with cashiers check has been delivered.

They say they "have to wait till it clears their system?" It has been over a week.

Second Problem: called samsung them self and they said they had no problem issuing a unlock code as long as I was willing to do a 3 way call with Verizon to verify payment.

Of course verizon said they have it but it hasn't cleared, so samsung hands were tied.

Now, if the following question is NOT allowed, please forgive my ignorance.

I have never dealt with this issue before.

Is there any way I can over ride the sim lock?

Thanks guys, much love.

P.s. I am more hormonal than usual, I have had 4 injections in past week, plus a sissy husband who is in the bed sick.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Am I correct in assuming this is a tablet?

verizon-ellipss-7-11.jpg

OP
BamaBelle

BamaBelle

Platinum Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
AT&T Samsung Galaxy S7
Am I correct in assuming this is a tablet?

verizon-ellipss-7-11.jpg
That is correct. Inserted att sims card and got the lock screen

OP
BamaBelle

BamaBelle

Platinum Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
AT&T Samsung Galaxy S7
Ty for posting that. I am mad as a wet hen. It was a cashiers check from a bank how could they question it?

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
My suggestion may not be what you want to hear but it is valid.

1) Get your money back and if they will not refund it then fight it with your bank

2) Tablets that are exclusive to a carrier can be meaningless to unlock because if you are able to unlock it may not work on another carrier's LTE (in the case of AT&T may only work on their HSPA+ network).

3) You can just turn on your built in wireless hotspot from your phone and you will get the same speeds.

I'll do some research on the device.

cr6

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.dronewolfmedia.com
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S7 Edge
Twitter
@dronewolfmedia

1) Get your money back and if they will not refund it then fight it with your bank

2) Tablets that are exclusive to a carrier can be meaningless to unlock because if you are able to unlock it may not work on another carrier's LTE (in the case of AT&T may only work on their HSPA+ network).

3) You can just turn on your built in wireless hotspot from your phone and you will get the same speeds.

^^ what pc747 said^^ There's no point in getting an unlock code since you're now on ATT. Just use the tablet on WiFi.

S5 tap'n

OP
BamaBelle

BamaBelle

Platinum Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
AT&T Samsung Galaxy S7

I appreciate that greatly ty for the quick response. I asked my bank if there was any way they could cancel the check and she said she wasn't sure.

OP
BamaBelle

BamaBelle

Platinum Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
AT&T Samsung Galaxy S7
^^ what pc747 said^^ There's no point in getting an unlock code since you're now on ATT. Just use the tablet on WiFi.

S5 tap'n
Agree 100%. I just hate that it is useless now. It was a great tablet

OP
BamaBelle

BamaBelle

Platinum Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
AT&T Samsung Galaxy S7
Thank you everyone for being polite with your answers. I was nervous posting this so I appreciate your kindness

droidprincess

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Iphone 7 Plus
Twitter
droidprincesstx
Agree 100%. I just hate that it is useless now. It was a great tablet

It's not useless.... 100% usable on wifi

Sent from my Sexy IPhone 7+

DesktopDevin

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
It's not useless.... 100% usable on wifi

How True, I inherited a Kindle Fire and LG 8' Tablet along with a couple of phones when my mom passed away recently.

I rooted the kindle with resurrection rom and it is a multi-media tablet for my man cave. The blue tooth and WAN dont work on the kindle but it does the job. It is my clock radio , weather radar , TV (TWC App) and souncloud. I use this hooked up to my JVC Reciever so I can listen / watch media but not take away resources from my computer while I am gaming.

I had bought my mom an identical dock a couple of years ago so I have another one in my bedroom with the LG on the dock that I have connected to some Sengled Pulse Speaker Bulbs in my bathroom that contols the lights and I can listen to "soothing" music :cool: in the shower.

So there is still plenty of use for that old tablet.
aw9qc6.jpg

droidprincess

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Iphone 7 Plus
Twitter
droidprincesstx
It is to someone who doesn't have access to wifi. Like her.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

And... most smart phones have mobile hotspot... that's how I used my Verizon tablet after I deactivated it...

Mustang02

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P/5X
And... most smart phones have mobile hotspot... that's how I used my Verizon tablet after I deactivated it...

If you're not on an unlimited data plan, which she is, would be great. Still doesn't help her. Sure device would work great as wifi only, but she can't get internet at her house. She has the DirecTV att unlimited cell phone which doesn't allow hotspot access.

droidprincess

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Iphone 7 Plus
Twitter
droidprincesstx
If you're not on an unlimited data plan, which she is, would be great. Still doesn't help her. Sure device would work great as wifi only, but she can't get internet at her house. She has the DirecTV att unlimited cell phone which doesn't allow hotspot access.

Ok... so why are we debating this??