Verizon will not get the GSII.

KJW979

Reaction score
As far as I can see no official date on Bionic other than September but of what year, or Motorola could just pull announcement at anytime on Bionic and delay it further. Anything possible with Verizon.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

Hugh Jass

Reaction score
DAMN. I wanted the SGII pretty badly, and I'll have to buy the Bionic since my Droid has simply had it from all the abuse I've given it, but I still think the Bionic is lacking anything revolutionary in any sense at all aside from a flagship phone with 4G, and it's simply just not that sexy.

So I'm a basher and a buyer I suppose, I've really grown to loathe Verizon this last year and the decisions it's made when it comes to handsets. =-/ However I'll be content if it ships more less bug free and gets rooted quickly I suppose.

googlelover

Reaction score
As far as I can see no official date on Bionic other than September but of what year, or Motorola could just pull announcement at anytime on Bionic and delay it further. Anything possible with Verizon.

Sept. 8th "release date" actually a delay announcement for the bionic going to be upgraded to the droid HD, get to wait another 4 months! Would be a horrible 2 weeks for all of verizon. No gs2, prime, or bionic...
Edit: vv Has a point.. saying they didn't specifically say what year is kind of pushing it. They would, under no circumstances that I can see, delay this phone for another year.

Last edited:

Malvado

DF News Team/Mod
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com

Do you really think they would advertise the Bionic if its not coming until next year. Its stupid to even mention that it doesn't say "what year".

Sent from my DROID 3 directly to YOU!

Hugh Jass

Reaction score
Do you really think they would advertise the Bionic if its not coming until next year. Its stupid to even mention that it doesn't say "what year".

Sometimes you're seriously thick bro, he's just being facetious and sarcastic given we've waited, what... 8 months already for this device and still don't have a date, and frankly he's right especially since Motorola isn't under any pressure now that the SGII is no longer an option, everyone's been waiting a long time for something special and many would agree we still don't have it.

C

Communisum

Sept. 8th "release date" actually a delay announcement for the bionic going to be upgraded to the droid HD, get to wait another 4 months! Would be a horrible 2 weeks for all of verizon. No gs2, prime, or bionic...

Where are you getting this incorrect info?

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums

OP
wseyller

wseyller

Reaction score

Bionic is coming in september of this year. I don't think anyone can argue that. You got commercials, t-shirts, tons of photos and videos, actual content on Verizons site which explicitly say sept. No way would they do this otherwise.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

googlelover

Reaction score
Where are you getting this incorrect info?

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums
Was kidding about the Bionic bro, hence the WOULD be a horrible week, and SG2 is said to not be coming to Verizon, and Preach2k in this topic earlier said that the prime was rumored to be going to AT&T not Verizon.. Was talking about the absolute worst case scenario.

C

Communisum

I think I would cry. However, stevey handy-j is gone now. So maybe I could like apple one day....... lol

Malvado

DF News Team/Mod
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
Sometimes you're seriously thick bro, he's just being facetious and sarcastic given we've waited, what... 8 months already for this device and still don't have a date, and frankly he's right especially since Motorola isn't under any pressure now that the SGII is no longer an option, everyone's been waiting a long time for something special and many would agree we still don't have it.

No date but we are given a month. That's good enough to know its coming in weeks maybe even days. I wasn't trying to be rude or anything and since I can't really tell if he was being sarcastic through text then my apologies if I offended him or anyone.

KJW979

Reaction score
I'm sure all the Verizon reps who may or may not read these forums are getting a big laugh at all the speculation on when Verizon is or isn't going to release a phone, I feel it just gives them more fuel to stoke their fire and make us wait and drool more over said phone.

KJW979

Reaction score
No date but we are given a month. That's good enough to know its coming in weeks maybe even days. I wasn't trying to be rude or anything and since I can't really tell if he was being sarcastic through text then my apologies if I offended him or anyone.

Not offended, am being sarcastic as I feel Verizon playing with us when it comes to what phones they are ever going to release, feel like there in bed with Motorola to make as much as then can off us with so so products lately.