Verizon will block Note7 holdouts from placing calls, may bill them for the phone's full price!

Preach2k

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hometown Brooklyn, NY Now Fuquay Varina, NC
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel XL/Galaxy Note 8
Twitter
DroidNCState
note-7-rip.jpg

It looks like the Note 7 on Verizon is coming to an end very soon, Like I was told by an Verizon Rep the end will come not by update but by cutting off the phone and making the holdouts pay full price..

The Note7 final and complete recall started several months ago, allowing owners to swap the phone for something else. Still, not everyone wanted to give up the device. There's been some talk on Reddit and XDA about how to go about blocking the OTA updates meant to encourage owners to turn the phones in. Apparently a few thousand of these obstinate folks are on Verizon, so the carrier has opted to place the Note7 on a block list that prevents it from making any outgoing calls, except those to customer service and 911.

Source

Briankbl

Reaction score
Good. All these people holding onto a potentially dangerous device need to get over themselves. SWAP YOUR PHONE ALREADY!

liftedplane

Gold Member
Reaction score
Good. All these people holding onto a potentially dangerous device need to get over themselves. SWAP YOUR PHONE ALREADY!
seems like they're not the only ones who need to get over themselves.

There hasn't been another reported note 7 fire.... clearly they're not as dangerous as the news would lead you to believe.

Unless you believe everything you see on the news. in which case I've got some beachfront property in Nevada to sell you.

Reactions: cr6

cr6

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.dronewolfmedia.com
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S7 Edge
Twitter
@dronewolfmedia
Ummm, i know this is a touchy subject for some, but just so you guys know....this is STILL only a "voluntary recall" and if you want to keep your Note 7 you can. (At least those of you who still have one and are on Verizon) All you have to do is contact Verizon and tell them your Note 7 is not giving you any problems and that you want to keep the device. They will then remove your IMEI number from their database so that it isn't locked down preventing you from using it. You will also NOT be required to pay for the device in full. We will also NOT be losing our upgrade, so when the Note 8 comes out, it's ours.
We were however told that this "could" change to a mandatory recall at some point, but for now we're good to go and are ok to continue using it without repercussions.

S7 Edge tap'n

redbert31

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Ummm, i know this is a touchy subject for some, but just so you guys know....this is STILL only a "voluntary recall" and if you want to keep your Note 7 you can. (At least those of you who still have one and are on Verizon) All you have to do is contact Verizon and tell them your Note 7 is not giving you any problems and that you want to keep the device. They will then remove your IMEI number from their database so that it isn't locked down preventing you from using it. You will also NOT be required to pay for the device in full. We will also NOT be losing our upgrade, so when the Note 8 comes out, it's ours.
We were however told that this "could" change to a mandatory recall at some point, but for now we're good to go and are ok to continue using it without repercussions.

S7 Edge tap'n
Gee, I didn't know that! Thanks cr6

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Reactions: cr6
OP
Preach2k

Preach2k

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Twitter
DroidNCState

S7 Edge tap'n
Voluntary does not mean that we voluntarily return the phone. It means that Samsung voluntarily called the recall.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

cr6

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.dronewolfmedia.com
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S7 Edge
Twitter
@dronewolfmedia
Voluntary does not mean that we voluntarily return the phone. It means that Samsung voluntarily called the recall.

Read it as you will. All I know is that Verizon is allowing us to keep ours without the threat of it being turned off or forced to pay off the device in full. In my book that's a win.
Too many people simply give up because they received a box to return this device, or read a statement that it needs to be returned "or else". And instead of standing up for what they believe in, they bow to the status quo without question.
My wife fully intended to return the device for the S7 Edge, but got to talking to the rep, who in turn spoke to her supervisor, who told us we were welcome to keep the device and that we'll be able to trade it in for the Note 8 when it comes out. So that's what she's doing.
And the fact that the rep was more than happy to email her a screen cap of the notes she put in the system stating such, is good enough for me. :)

S7 Edge tap'n

OP
Preach2k

Preach2k

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Twitter
DroidNCState
Yes Verizon does not care what you do with it after it is turned off.

cr6

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.dronewolfmedia.com
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S7 Edge
Twitter
@dronewolfmedia
You obviously didn't read my first post. It's not going to be turned off and they even went so far as to tell us they've removed her IMEI from the block list, so this won't happen.

S7 Edge tap'n

OP
Preach2k

Preach2k

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Twitter
DroidNCState
In case you missed it the first time
4ca4c39901bacadb399700660cccca2f.jpg

Support Our Troops!!!
Beast Mode 4

<><
Nope your phone will have to be cut off completely. Meaning you got a replacement phone. They do not care what you do with the phone after you have a replacement. Weather you return it in the box sent or not. I sent mine back. My brother kept his and got the V-20. Returned the V-20 for a Pixel XL.

liftedplane

Gold Member
Reaction score
Nope your phone will have to be cut off completely. Meaning you got a replacement phone. They do not care what you do with the phone after you have a replacement. Weather you return it in the box sent or not. I sent mine back. My brother kept his and got the V-20. Returned the V-20 for a Pixel XL.

Reading comprehension... Do you have it?

Verizon WILL NOT be disabling his device, he will be able to trade it at a later date but until then his device will continue to work as if nothing had occurred, he will not be cut off his imei will be safe and his phone will continue to work.

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

OP
Preach2k

Preach2k

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Twitter
DroidNCState
Reading comprehension... Do you have it?

Verizon WILL NOT be disabling his device, he will be able to trade it at a later date but until then his device will continue to work as if nothing had occurred, he will not be cut off his imei will be safe and his phone will continue to work.

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk
What I am saying it is not True.

what I was told by Verizon Rep. They will cut you off like if you did not pay your bill. It will not come as an update. So many are being lied to. If he did not get it in writing he will be cut off. I was told this last month by the rep before the report was released.

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
What I am saying it is not True.

what I was told by Verizon Rep. They will cut you off like if you did not pay your bill. It will not come as an update. So many are being lied to. If he did not get it in writing he will be cut off. I was told this last month by the rep before the report was released.

Sigh
a57b74a03e9c697868775fb7495af6e9.jpg

Support Our Troops!!!
Beast Mode 4

<><

OP
Preach2k

Preach2k

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Twitter
DroidNCState
Sigh
a57b74a03e9c697868775fb7495af6e9.jpg

Support Our Troops!!!
Beast Mode 4

<><
We will have to see if this stands or not Samsung told them to stop all of the phones that are left by each provider. I had no issues with my Note 7 First or the second and told Verizon. I was told on the phone and by my friend that is a manager that it does not matter I had to return The Note 7. Mountainbikermark one question does your friend still get the emails about Shutting off the Note 7 and returning it? If she or he does, they will be part of the people that will be cut off. She or he may have a law suit if they get cut off as long as it is in writing.

Last edited: