Verizon website maxx price

Snowmanham

Reaction score
And dont forget if you got yours within the last 30 days to call for your price match. Got $100 credit from when I upgraded the wife.

Now the Maxx and Razr are the same $199? Who Would not get the Maxx?

Sent from my RAZR Maxx using Droid Forums

I stopped at the Verizon Store today to get a price match and they told me it 14 days now and not 30. So I called Verizon and asked the same question and they also informed me it was only 14 days for price match. I bought mine on April 28th so that makes it about 4 days to late. That Stinks!!!!!

umpire.20

Reaction score
Price Drop / Match on the RAZR MAXX

I stopped at the Verizon Store today to get a price match and they told me it 14 days now and not 30. So I called Verizon and asked the same question and they also informed me it was only 14 days for price match. I bought mine on April 28th so that makes it about 4 days to late. That Stinks!!!!!

Please forgive my ignorance here. I just purchased the MAXX from Costco on Sunday. Mine is in the UPS system scheduled for delivery tomorrow (Wednesday). Is it only Verizon (at their stores etc.) giving this price match for the lower price of $199 ?????? Needless to say, I paid more than that for mine and since I don't have it yet, I'd sure like to get the lower pricing.

After posting the note above, I called my Costco agent and he says they will likely match Verizon's price. He will be out of the store till Thursday, so I'll have to wait to post an update once he's back.

Last edited:

Droid101

Reaction score
Please forgive my ignorance here. I just purchased the MAXX from Costco on Sunday. Mine is in the UPS system scheduled for delivery tomorrow (Wednesday). Is it only Verizon (at their stores etc.) giving this price match for the lower price of $199 ?????? Needless to say, I paid more than that for mine and since I don't have it yet, I'd sure like to get the lower pricing.

After posting the note above, I called my Costco agent and he says they will likely match Verizon's price. He will be out of the store till Thursday, so I'll have to wait to post an update once he's back.

Yea you'd have to go though costco, Verizon doesn't honor any prices if you purchase the phone from anyone besides them.

stratblast

Reaction score
With the price drop I can get razr maxx for $99 should I jump on it or should I wait for razr hd?

Where is it for $99? On Verizon's site it is $169 then the $30 fee they add on. So $199 is the cheapest I can find it. I am due for the new every two and I'm still running the Original Droid. :icon_ lala:

bellringa

Reaction score
I got a mailer stating I get $100 off when I upgrade to a 4g phone. I will still have to pay the $30 just called store they have it in stock so I am going to get mine today.

bellringa

Reaction score
I got a mailer stating I get $100 off when I upgrade to a 4g phone. I will still have to pay the $30 just called store they have it in stock so I am going to get mine today.

I just got it! it is freaking sweet just got to set everything up. Do you guys recommend anything?

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
bellringa said:
I just got it! it is freaking sweet just got to set everything up. Do you guys recommend anything?

Charging it to 100% powered off. Use it to 15% then power off and charge to 100% again. This calibrates the battery meter.

Other than that, a screen protector and an otterbox.... but that's just me.

Enjoy the new device and have fun.

DROID RAZR MAXXAMIZED!!!

Last edited:

jakegsxr11

Reaction score
Got a razr 10 days ago for the $99 price...went in add exchanged it for the max today and only had to pay $50! The sales rep didn't know why it came up so cheap, I didn't question him...

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
jakegsxr11 said:
Got a razr 10 days ago for the $99 price...went in add exchanged it for the max today and only had to pay $50! The sales rep didn't know why it came up so cheap, I didn't question him...

Lol, I hear ya. Sometimes you just don't want to ask. :)

DROID RAZR MAXXAMIZED!!!

jetnc

Reaction score
Good examples of Verizon customer service

I recieved the mailer last week with $100 off coupon so I decided to see what they had to offer. I was in CA at the time and there was a B&M right around the corner from my hotel. When I saw the Maxx for $199 I almost jumped on it. Until the girl told me that I would pay $99 for the phone, $30 ativation fee, and around $50 tax. I was like WTH?..... $50 tax? She said they tax the full price of the phone. Then I called my local B&M in NC and that rep told me it was still $299, not $199. I told her to check her web site and she came back and said $299 again :mad:. I then called the number on the mailer and got the deal I wanted, $99 phone, $12 tax, $30 upgrade fee. The B&M reps don't know squat!

On another note, I asked about my current plan being "grandfathered" in when they pull a nexflix later this year. I was told they're going to force everyone to the tiered data plan. I told them I would be cancelling my contract then......:blink:

gdepp94

Reaction score
I actually just picked up the Maxx yesterday. I told the sales rep I was going to buy it and was fully prepared to pay $200 for it. She stared at her screen and said that because of the phone I had (the OG Droid) and the amount of data I was using (roughly 4-5 gigs a month) that I was entitled to a discount and the only thing I had to pay for was the upgrade fee which came out to $32 including the tax. She said she had never seen that before. In essence, I would have gotten the phone for free had it not been for this stupid upgrade fee. Needless to say, I was stoked. :icon_ lala:

toneyl

Reaction score
I actually just picked up the Maxx yesterday. I told the sales rep I was going to buy it and was fully prepared to pay $200 for it. She stared at her screen and said that because of the phone I had (the OG Droid) and the amount of data I was using (roughly 4-5 gigs a month) that I was entitled to a discount and the only thing I had to pay for was the upgrade fee which came out to $32 including the tax. She said she had never seen that before. In essence, I would have gotten the phone for free had it not been for this stupid upgrade fee. Needless to say, I was stoked. :icon_ lala:

Really? I have OG Droid and I called Verizon a few days ago. I remembered getting a $100 mailer but couldn't find it. They said there was nothing in the system but they would give me $50 off. That would just cover the tax. I was hoping Costco would drop their price to match Verizon since they include the HD Dock but that hasn't happened yet. Maybe I'll stop in the Verizon store today. My poor OG Droid is soooo sloooooow lately. Can't wait to get the Maxx. Love Droid! dancedroid

jackiescivic

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Really? I have OG Droid and I called Verizon a few days ago. I remembered getting a $100 mailer but couldn't find it. They said there was nothing in the system but they would give me $50 off. That would just cover the tax. I was hoping Costco would drop their price to match Verizon since they include the HD Dock but that hasn't happened yet. Maybe I'll stop in the Verizon store today. My poor OG Droid is soooo sloooooow lately. Can't wait to get the Maxx. Love Droid! dancedroid

I work for the wireless in Costco, and the Maxx was removed from our inventory on Thursday or Friday with no explanation as to why. An email simply said it was 'out of stock and has been removed from inventory'. There's no way we could compete with the $199 corporate pricing, even if ours did come with the HD dock and a generic accessory bundle (our price was $289.99). We are wondering if they are going to bring it in-store instead of home delivery, or if Costco pulled it because of the 4G connectivity issues a lot of people are having (they pulled our inventory of the AT&T Nokia Lumia 900 and sent it back to the manufacturer and did not bring it back until all handsets were updated).

umpire.20

Reaction score
I work for the wireless in Costco, and the Maxx was removed from our inventory on Thursday or Friday with no explanation as to why. An email simply said it was 'out of stock and has been removed from inventory'. There's no way we could compete with the $199 corporate pricing, even if ours did come with the HD dock and a generic accessory bundle (our price was $289.99). We are wondering if they are going to bring it in-store instead of home delivery, or if Costco pulled it because of the 4G connectivity issues a lot of people are having (they pulled our inventory of the AT&T Nokia Lumia 900 and sent it back to the manufacturer and did not bring it back until all handsets were updated).

I purchased the MAXX from Costco on Sunday (Mother's Day). I've been in touch with the Costco kiosk manager ever since. He tells me this:

1. Costco has removed the phone from the web site (for home delivery) because they are now going to carry it IN STORE.
  2. He also says that next Wednesday, May 23 he will have the NEW coupon available and I will be getting the discounted price.

I'm not sure if I will get a full $100.00 discount or if it will actually be $90.00. That would be the difference between Verizon's price and Costco's. I will post my results once it happens.

If anyone else is in the spot that I am, hang on to your receipt for the Costco purchase. Sounds to me like we'll get the "even better deal" than we had originally purchased.