Verizon Watching T-Mobile's 'Uncarrier' Pricing Closely; CEO Would Consider It

boidsonly

Reaction score
VZW will not consider anything ("if the people want it") until they start hemorraging customers to T-Mobile-they are too greedy.
My contract is up in May and I am jumping ship to T-Mobile. I have the SGS3 but will sell it and buy the Nexus 4. With no contract I can change phones as often as I like...

Ohyea!

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6
All good for used phones. New... i think its at the store or through there website right?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

You can also buy directly from Verizon store for full price. And it's cheaper than buying full price at Best Buy and/or Amazon (which usually jack the full prices up by 50- 100 dollars). On that same note Best buy has on occasions refused to sell phones at full price off contract. Not sure what that's all about.

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
LOL, don't hold your breath waiting for VZW to match. Everyone is always talking about the next great deal at Sprint or TMo, and how they are going to leave VZW...and yet VZW continues to have the lowest turn in the industry.

At least this time TMo is marketing things a bit better. But I feel like I've seen this deal 2-3 times before, and at the end of the day most people actually want what they pay VZW for, vs. paying for what your get at TMo.

cybertec69

Silver Member
Reaction score
My saying goes like this, what good is a phone without a solid network, yes you might save a few dollars, but when you can't get service on a consistent basis what's the point. The reason I own a phone is to be able to use it, I know Verizon has never let me down.

_33

Reaction score
At this point I feel I owe it to myself to switch to T-Mo. According to my local T-Mo store, I would save $140.00 a month and not be limited in minutes. The only thing that saves me with VZW is the 10 friends and family list. If it wasn't for that I would have to raise my plan substantially.

I get perfect reception in my house with T-Mo and their 4g works great. I know some areas around me are flaky, but with that amount of money I will be saving and no worries about minutes I think the choice is clear. If I sell all 5 phones on CL for a little less than going rate I can grab T-Mo phones the same way and be way ahead.

The 1500.00+ savings damn near pays for our shore house for 2 weeks. With a wife and 4 kids you think about things like this regardless of how you're doing financially. My last line is up in November. As it stands now I will be switching. Now, if VZW dropped 15.00 a month from each line I wouldn't even consider leaving. I just feel like I'm getting ripped off.

Fuzzball

Reaction score
My saying goes like this, what good is a phone without a solid network, yes you might save a few dollars, but when you can't get service on a consistent basis what's the point. The reason I own a phone is to be able to use it, I know Verizon has never let me down.
True, but no carrier has 100% blanket coverage of the US. There are areas that VZW has crappy to no coverage and AT&T has solid coverage. Thing is the coverage I need is covered by the top four as well as MetroPCS. I rarely venture outside of that area. If I do, I can go prepaid on a provider that has the necessary coverage and I'd still save myself a bundle of money.