Verizon users; charged to call our voice mail?

BKSinAZ

Reaction score
New to the DX and Verizon so I was wondering... I am on the 700 minute plan, so when I call my voice mail box on my DX, do those minutes come off the 700 allotted minutes? With at&t it was completely free.

If Verizon does charge minutes for calling voice mail, is there a way to circumvent the charge? For example, calling voice mail from land line?

cypherx82

Reaction score
I can't answer your question, because I don't know, but do you really call voicemail so often that you can't spare the minutes?

I never even use half of my monthly minutes.

MPD224

Reaction score
If I remember correctly, my wife asked the same questions and the answer was yes, it did come off of your minutes. Also if I remember correctly, if you call voice mail during nights and weekends when all calls are free, then I think the call is free. If you call from a land line, it does not affect your plan. So I think we only get charged for the call during peak time.

OP
B

BKSinAZ

Reaction score
I can't answer your question, because I don't know, but do you really call voicemail so often that you can't spare the minutes?

I never even use half of my monthly minutes.

cypherx82... I run a business with my phone, so yes, I do call my voice mail multiple times a day. Also, as a business, I am always attempting to save money and cut cost and I can tell you that I always go almost all the way up to my allotted 700 minutes, so there are times when every minute counts. As the business grows, I will upgrade my plan.

OP
B

BKSinAZ

Reaction score
If I remember correctly, my wife asked the same questions and the answer was yes, it did come off of your minutes. Also if I remember correctly, if you call voice mail during nights and weekends when all calls are free, then I think the call is free. If you call from a land line, it does not affect your plan. So I think we only get charged for the call during peak time.

do you recall how to call our voice mail from a land line? Geezz I know that might be a stupid question..

MPD224

Reaction score
Call your cell # from a land line and when the voice mail message comes on, press the # sign and it should prompt you to enter you 4 digit password. I'm almost positive that's how you do it, I absolutely despise voice mail and rarely check it

aminaked

Silver Member
Reaction score
Use google voice to circumvent...plus free visual vm and many other features including free texting

ben.keen

Reaction score
Use google voice to circumvent...plus free visual vm and many other features including free texting

I was going to same the thing. Google Voice is a great way to get a lot more out of your voicemail. It is better than the stock Verizon Visual Voicemail because it will automatically writes your voicemails out in a message you can read. It might be off sometimes but it makes it easier to decide if you are going to waste your time listening to the message or skip over it for a more important message.

topdj

Reaction score
if your still in the americas choice 2 family plan, I think dialing your number works instead of *86

RemyL75

Reaction score
I was going to same the thing. Google Voice is a great way to get a lot more out of your voicemail. It is better than the stock Verizon Visual Voicemail because it will automatically writes your voicemails out in a message you can read. It might be off sometimes but it makes it easier to decide if you are going to waste your time listening to the message or skip over it for a more important message.

Also, it makes it into an audio file that you can listen to for free. You can even RW and FF it from your phone's screen. So, all in all, a better voice mail option for free and it doesn't take any of your minutes to use.

heycow

Reaction score
Answers to FAQs

Airtime and other charges will be incurred when using Voice Mail from your wireless phone. Mobile to Mobile Calling minutes do not apply to Voice Mail retrievals; you will be charged to maintain your connection to Voice Mail.