Verizon Updates Z3V to 5.1.1

Discussion in 'Sony Xperia Z3 & Z3V' started by smalltowngirl13, Mar 18, 2016.

1. smalltowngirl13

smalltowngirl13 Administrator
    Staff Member

Ratings:
    +1,022
    Current Phone Model:
    Z Force / Nexus 6P
    Twitter:
    smalltownlife13
    For those of you who are still rocking the Verizon version of the Z3V, the update bringing the phone up to Lollipop (5.1.1) is available as of 3/14 (I can't believe I did not see this earlier)...

If you still have the device and have updated, what do you think? If you haven't received the update, you can try to pull it via system settings / system update / check for update (I will be doing mine later)...

Post up what you think of the update if you are still using the device!

Here is the VZW link talking about the update benefits... Sony Xperia Z3v Software Update | Verizon Wireless

• Like Like x 1
  2. pchain

pchain Senior Member

Ratings:
    +105
    The Z3v is still my daily driver... absolutely wonderful device, had not Verizon completely abandoned it 89 days after release!

The first round of updates went to users about three weeks ago. Initially there were a few issues, including one where text messaging apps were not functioning correctly/consistently. Verizon did send out another update surprisingly to fix that and from what I've been able to tell, it's a very stable update now, and the update is being pushed everywhere now.

Wish they could have gone straight to Marshmallow, but I'm grateful that they even bothered with updating this device at all. I'm hoping to do the update this weekend.

• Like Like x 1
  3. smalltowngirl13

smalltowngirl13 Administrator
    Staff Member

Ratings:
    +1,022
    Current Phone Model:
    Z Force / Nexus 6P
    Twitter:
    smalltownlife13
    Great info @pchain and I have to agree on the disappointment with lack of support from VZW and definitely hope that we see Marshmallow on it!

~sent while mobile~

• Like Like x 1
  4. xeene

xeene Gold Member

Ratings:
    +1,027
    Got the first update maybe a week or two ago. Then another update few days later. Problems acured when I would reboot the phone, it would go through the process of optimizing 257 apps each time. So each restart would take 45 minutes and drain my battery from full to half.

My phone was encrypted prior to update due to work so I'm not sure if that had anything to do with it.

Did factory data restore and things got back to normal. Now the phone is in such a good shape that I think I can go another year with it.

Best phone on Verizon with worst support on the planet.

• Like Like x 2