Verizon update_SCH-I545_NC5_to_NG6 unlock issue

KaosMaster

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
SCH-I545 Galaxy S4 (Verizon)
Hmm...I would reflash using the Verizon software assistant. And repair the device. I am downloading the odin file right now so...if you want to wait, I can help you with that way later if you choose to wait

Tap'n on my Galaxy S4!

OP
M

Malkavian

Reaction score
I was getting a GPS signal last night so I'm wondering if it is the building I'm in. For some reason we get a really bad 4G LTE signal in this building, not sure why because we are in a major metropolitan area. I will try it from outside on the way home to see if it finds me then.

OP
M

Malkavian

Reaction score
Apparently it is not my phone that has the issue. Walked outside and went to Google maps, found a Satellite within seconds. My building sucks.

MarkS1110

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Motorola X Pure
I took the update yesterday. Since then, have been experiencing random reboots where the purple Galaxy logo swirls and then the red VZW screen; not a full reboot, so more like a soft reboot. It seems to happen during app usage if I shut off the screen with the app still running, seconds later it reboots, or after exiting out of an app.

My S4 is doing the same thing as your is, soft random resets. I have seen 5 of them since 6am today [when I installed the 'update'.] No cure yet.

KaosMaster

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
This has seen to be an issue, could be from the update to KitKat or the new update! Try and FDR...see if that fixes it!

Tap'n on my Galaxy S4!

Last edited:
OP
M

Malkavian

Reaction score
Full reset fixed my issue with the soft restarts. Make sure you backup any pics and files to the external card. Also recommend be on wifi. The system will start downloading programs pretty quick so you will want to get back on wifi as soon as you can.

MarkS1110

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Motorola X Pure
This has seen to be an issue, could be from the update to KitKat out the new update! Try and FDR...see if that fixes it!

I am not real excited about reinstalling all the apps due to the factory reset. I think I will wait a few days to try that one, but thanks for the idea.

KaosMaster

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
I usually skip thru the first setup and do a second FDR also. Verizon recommended that fact to me

Tap'n on my Galaxy S4!

KaosMaster

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
I am not real excited about reinstalling all the apps due to the factory reset. I think I will wait a few days to try that one, but thanks for the idea.
I take it you don't know about Samsung Kies and that it backs everything up for you?? Including messages??

Tap'n on my Galaxy S4!

silverfang77

Reaction score
I've enabled wifi and still can't get Beautiful Widgets to get weather from my current location as opposed to saved locations. What do I need to do to get this back?

Tappin' and Talkin' on Tapatalk

RyanPm40

Reaction score
I haven't had GLONASS GPS satellites since the NC5 upgrade; does anybody know if it's supposed to be fixed in this upgrade? I'm tired of hearing "GPS Signal Lost" 5-10 times in 20 minute drive. This thing used to be the best GPS I ever had and I'm so pissed that Verizon ruined it.

KaosMaster

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
I haven't had GLONASS GPS satellites since the NC5 upgrade; does anybody know if it's supposed to be fixed in this upgrade? I'm tired of hearing "GPS Signal Lost" 5-10 times in 20 minute drive. This thing used to be the best GPS I ever had and I'm so pissed that Verizon ruined it.
Sounds to me like you need to FDR your device to start with, then if that doesn't help, your gonna need to reflash your device. I am not sure what you ment by GLONASS?? What carrier are you using??