verizon update

Reaction score
I have heard that Verizon is releasing an update for the Note II. I am surprised I haven't seen any mention of it hear. Anyone have any idea on when it may be out and exactly what it is? I heard rumor it is 4.1.2 but not confirmed.

Tonik

Reaction score
I have seen a few people say they got it. And they seemed credible with real looking screenshots, but yes it's been real quiet.

jgmecarter

Reaction score
Verizon said the other day that there will be a update for the note 2 very soon. They did not say that it would be 4.1.2 but they did say that it would bring more apps to the multi Window feature

Jumper2501

Reaction score
Verizon said the other day that there will be a update for the note 2 very soon. They did not say that it would be 4.1.2 but they did say that it would bring more apps to the multi Window feature
My phone updated yesterday. I'm still on 4.1.1. I'd like to think there's another update being rolled out, trying to stay hopeful.

NOVICE

Reaction score
I have forgotten the procedure to initiate an update. Does anyone remember the mechanics.

I used it successfully several times before.

JazzyDroid4

Reaction score
I have forgotten the procedure to initiate an update. Does anyone remember the mechanics.

I used it successfully several times before.

Settings, about phone, software update

Sent from my awesome Samsung Galaxy Note 2 using Forum Runner

jgmecarter

Reaction score
Jazzy beat me to it. I'm not sure what else you could be looking for?

There use to be a way that you could put a certain number and push pound and it would push the update to your phone. But I am not sure if that works anymore.

Dalvik_Cache

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
There use to be a way that you could put a certain number and push pound and it would push the update to your phone. But I am not sure if that works anymore.

I believe you are referring to the *228 call. This is a call that reaches out to the network and requests the device MIN, MDN, and an updated PRL. This doesn't work on LTE devices as those are managed differently. If you are using a 3G device you can still do that without issue. Best case scenario it improves your coverage. PRL's are pushed pretty regularly to devices anyhow, so this is essentially un-needed these days.

xtor

Reaction score
I believe you are referring to the *228 call. This is a call that reaches out to the network and requests the device MIN, MDN, and an updated PRL. This doesn't work on LTE devices as those are managed differently. If you are using a 3G device you can still do that without issue. Best case scenario it improves your coverage. PRL's are pushed pretty regularly to devices anyhow, so this is essentially un-needed these days.

My understanding is not to *228 on 4g could damage phone or sim card