Verizon unlock code won't work overseas

bestrafer

Reaction score
Verizon is changing unlock code with their latest OTA updates, that's why unlock services fail to provide working codes.

I have no contract w/ Verizon, so my only choice is turbo sim at least for now.

SingingAlcazar

Reaction score
Ok. Got it. I couldn't get the phone to work in the Philippines however I have figured out how.

It seems that the phone only wants to believe there is one valid APN. Once it uses that one no matter what you do or how you do it it wont change the APN from the wireless settings page.

What I do to change sim cards when traveling now is to erase the cache from the boot menu. Turn the phone off, hold down r and m and turn it on. Then a menu is shown. Choose" erase cache" and restart the phone. When you do go to wireless settings and recreate the APN. You will be able to change sim cards like this.

Its a pain but it works.

Sent from my DROID PRO using DroidForums

manolo

Reaction score
Just a quick question to those that have unlocked.

I am currently using my pro in the us and was provided a unlock code by vzw. While still in the us I removed the vodaphone sim and put in a 02 sim and started the phone. The phone booted and prompted me to enter my unlock code. I tried both the A and B code and the sim still said puk locked. I called vzw and they stated that I must be overseas in order for me to unlock the phone.

Is this accurate? Id prefer to make sure my phone works before taking it overseas but if all else fails I have a gsm bb curve that I've used before.

Sent from my DROID PRO using DroidForums App

The phone will unlock while in the US. It just won't work off the other network until you leave the US. If the codes aren't unlocking the phone then you have bad codes. I unlocked my phone standing in my kitchen in a major US city.

Ouch. I thought i had some hope going oversea.
I have verizon's droid pro and the other day i called verizon global support for the sim card unlock code. They gave me my code , seems with no problems.
But when i put my European sim card and tried the code provided it didn't accept the code.
That means that even verizon started to give wrong codes?
I was very specific on the phone on where i was going, what kind of phone I have and all the rest :/

tennvol

Reaction score
I found out later that the o2 and vodaphone sim cards didn't allow me to unlock the phone in the states. When I landed in Glasgow I popped one of the two (cant recall which one) and booted up my phone. It then asked me for my unlock code and it worked. So go figure. I ordered a tmobile uk payg sim and had it shipped to my in laws who live in Glasgow. I ended up using that over o2 and vodaphone while I was in the uk. It was 5gbp for 30 days of unlimited data and you can roam off of orange....all in all a really sweet deal.

manolo

Reaction score
I found out later that the o2 and vodaphone sim cards didn't allow me to unlock the phone in the states. When I landed in Glasgow I popped one of the two (cant recall which one) and booted up my phone. It then asked me for my unlock code and it worked. So go figure. I ordered a tmobile uk payg sim and had it shipped to my in laws who live in Glasgow. I ended up using that over o2 and vodaphone while I was in the uk. It was 5gbp for 30 days of unlimited data and you can roam off of orange....all in all a really sweet deal.

Good news for me. Thanks.
I hope my code is gonna work in Europe

doxford

Reaction score
i think u have to check the APN setting of the telco u are using now for data connection. do let me know if it works coz i'm going to buy this phone too and want to use Ukraine and Malaysia simcard with data.

if it can't, no point buying this phone.

Barjoyai - finally got the data working by adding in the APN manually. So yes, both voice and data now work in Thailand.

What carrier? I got data working in Singapore on Starhub but couldn't get any data on any Filipino carrier (Globe, Sun or Smart)

I got it working on AIS in Thailand. I roam all over Asia and it seems to work in most places.

kiwimalayalee

Reaction score
i got the code from swift unlocks... and it worked fine......
and for data connection sometimes if wifi is on, the apn doesnt turn on.....
and in some devices its turned off.... so get an APN on/off widget...... so u can toggle between how u want it used....
hope this helps... cos this helped me... ;)
i live in new zealand with a local network......

manolo

Reaction score
i got the code from swift unlocks... and it worked fine......
and for data connection sometimes if wifi is on, the apn doesnt turn on.....
and in some devices its turned off.... so get an APN on/off widget...... so u can toggle between how u want it used....
hope this helps... cos this helped me... ;)
i live in new zealand with a local network......

Thanks for the infos.
So did you apply the code while you were in new zeland, right?

mails

Reaction score
I have the same problem. I bought my droid pro from ebay. The seller, a nice guy, helped me to call verizon twice to request the unlock codes. Verizon gave 4 codes but none worked. I just don't know why Verizon gave the wrong codes. One of the 4 codes is the same as I get from swift unlocks.
I'm now in Beijing, China.

tennvol

Reaction score
You sure its the vzw phone rather than the sim card being locked?

duardod

Reaction score
Virtual unlock using physical SIM chip

The only thing I can think of at this point, is to try to find somebody on Verizon that would be willing to help you (maybe offer to pay them something).

Hi all,

I'm with the same problem: I have a motorola droid 2 global white (w. Verizon carrier). I have no Verizon SIM.

I bought my cellphone on Ebay (with clear ESN) but I live in Brazil. I've never been a Verizon customer.

I bought a unlock code at Ebay too, but it didn't worked (I got money back!)

Now I'm thinking about how to unlock my phone to use GSM. Looking for some solution, I found this:

UnlockItNow SIM - Universal Unlock SIM - UnlockItNow.com"The UnlockItNow SIM can unlock virtually ANY cell phone model on the marketTo install the UnlockItNow SIM, just attach it to the SIM card you need to use and insert it into your cell phone SIM compartment. Phone is then ready for use and unlocked. The UnlockItNow SIM can be used only with one phone at a time and it must be left in the phone at all times to remain unlocked."

At the website there's a huge list with supported models (Motorola Droid 2 Global is in there! \o/)

Does anyone here already tried this solution?

Thank you very much!

jago25_98

Reaction score
I tried a different type and it didn't work with a DroidPro...

Hi all,

I'm with the same problem: I have a motorola droid 2 global white (w. Verizon carrier). I have no Verizon SIM.

I bought my cellphone on Ebay (with clear ESN) but I live in Brazil. I've never been a Verizon customer.

I bought a unlock code at Ebay too, but it didn't worked (I got money back!)

Now I'm thinking about how to unlock my phone to use GSM. Looking for some solution, I found this:

UnlockItNow SIM - Universal Unlock SIM - UnlockItNow.com"The UnlockItNow SIM can unlock virtually ANY cell phone model on the marketTo install the UnlockItNow SIM, just attach it to the SIM card you need to use and insert it into your cell phone SIM compartment. Phone is then ready for use and unlocked. The UnlockItNow SIM can be used only with one phone at a time and it must be left in the phone at all times to remain unlocked."

At the website there's a huge list with supported models (Motorola Droid 2 Global is in there! \o/)

Does anyone here already tried this solution?

Thank you very much!