Verizon Tweets They Are Adding LTE to "a mess of new cities and towns" Thursday

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
verizon-lte3.jpg

[Updated]: You can see several new live posts of cities and towns getting LTE upgrades if you hit the following Verizon Twitter Link: Twitter - Verizon Wireless

According to a recent Twitter post from Verizon Wireless, they will be adding LTE to "a mess of new cities and towns" on Thursday. More specific information was not given at this time. I wonder if they are adding a full-on "gaggle" or if it's just a "hodgepodge" upgrade?

We will let you know when they give us something more concrete.

Source: Verizon Wireless Twitter Post

OneTenderRebel

Silver Member
Reaction score
This is just a giant tease for me cause I know 4g isn't coming to NH anytime soon. My only hope is that because I am so close to Boston they branch out from Boston on.

johnomaz

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel 2XL
This is just a giant tease for me cause I know 4g isn't coming to NH anytime soon. My only hope is that because I am so close to Boston they branch out from Boston on.

Ditto. I live right in the center of the CA Central Valley and doubt I will be seeing LTE anytime soon.

RyanPm40

Reaction score

I live in NH, too man! Yeah, I'm really doubting it, I think I saw a plan for the next cities getting 4G, and NH wasn't on there. I don't understand because Manchester is a pretty big city >_<.

Ah well, 4G really isn't that fast anyways. I went to Peabody and Boston with it and it wasn't that much faster for me.

Beardface

Reaction score
WTF.... Wilmington, NC is included, but not Raleigh?!?!?!

So let me get this straight. Charlotte and Wilmington will have it, but the state's capital, with all the tech research hubs of not only the state but for a lot of the nation is not.

Wow

afripino

Reaction score
^ I know!!! That's bull!!!!!! They have it in the RDU airport, but not served out to the city for it's next deployment??? This is just plain crazy!

wingdo

Reaction score

I live in NH, too man! Yeah, I'm really doubting it, I think I saw a plan for the next cities getting 4G, and NH wasn't on there. I don't understand because Manchester is a pretty big city >_<.

Ah well, 4G really isn't that fast anyways. I went to Peabody and Boston with it and it wasn't that much faster for me.

So you took your D Inc to a 4G area and the 3G speeds weren't any faster? Bizarre.

I find it more interesting that what appears to be 1/3 of the population of NH has responded to this thread.

OneTenderRebel

Silver Member
Reaction score

So you took your D Inc to a 4G area and the 3G speeds weren't any faster? Bizarre.

I find it more interesting that what appears to be 1/3 of the population of NH has responded to this thread.

haha maybe he just hasn't updates his phone info yet and he has the TB now.

Also there are atleast 48 people who live in NH, so we hare far less than a third of the population. :)

OneTenderRebel

Silver Member
Reaction score

haha maybe he just hasn't updates his phone info yet and he has the TB now.

Also there are atleast 48 people who live in NH, so we hare far less than a third of the population. :)

wow I wish there was an edit button for the news section, let me correct my mistakes

updates = updated
hare = are

wingdo

Reaction score

Wow, BIG change in population since the last time I was there. ;) I'm certain the whole 4G thing is just one more reason for Bostonians to thumb their noses at NH.

matt2783

Reaction score
I hope Verizon isn't planning on changing the unlimited 4g data with this. It would make sense to do it right before the charge is released.

wingdo

Reaction score
I hope Verizon isn't planning on changing the unlimited 4g data with this. It would make sense to do it right before the charge is released.

They didn't drop it before the Thunderbolt came out, so it may last.

jhhoffma

Reaction score
The NH thing annoys me a little as well. I spend a lot of time in Nashua for work (company headquarters) and while I'll get 4G in my home city (Grand Rapids, MI) and at Logan when I arrive/leave, the whole time I'm there, I'll get crappy speeds.

A colleague of mine went out and got the Thunderbolt, but had to disable 4G cause it was killing his battery. He still wants and extended battery though, since he's coming from a BB.

wingdo

Reaction score
Christ people give them time to get the country blanketed. There are major suburbs here in Chicago which don't even have 4G yet.

I know it's hard to believe, but they don't just change a setting and poof it's 4G. There is actual INFRASTRUCTURE work to do on each tower.

OneTenderRebel

Silver Member
Reaction score
4g is a great upgrade but if I am at the house I am on wifi anyways. And when I am out and about I don't really need blazing fast data speed. I would rather have processor speed over data speed, only because a good majority of the time I am on wifi.