Verizon Trollin' aka Waiting on the Nexus

OP
patriot95

patriot95

Reaction score
I can't find the Live Chat button today. The "Call" one is still there... but not the Live Chat. They've caught on to me!

Trusstopher

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I didn't have the chat button yesterday, but I will check here and a bit to see if I have it today.

On another note.... it seems like I've now read 2 or 3 reps state or confirm that you only have a 14 day waiting period... do none of them know about the Jan 15th deal that is going on right now?

OP
patriot95

patriot95

Reaction score
Round 2 *DING DING*

Please hold for a Verizon Wireless sales representative to assist you with your order. Thank you for your patience. You are now chatting with 'Kristen'
Kristen: Hello. Thank you for visiting our chat service. May I help you with your order today?
You: Jeff

You: Ooops!
Jeff: I was trying to set my name. Hello Kristen! I was looking at getting a new device in December when my upgrade is available.
Kristen: Hello!
Kristen: I'd be happy to assist you.
Jeff: What do you, personally, think the best device is that is out right now, and are there any new devices coming out soon that will be better?

Jeff: I guess I should clarify, I want the best of the best! 4G, big screen, the works!

Kristen: We do not have any new releases lined up at this time but that could change at anytime. We have several different phones that I would consider the best available. The iPhone 4s would be one of them and also the new Droid Razr. Both of them are amazing phones! What all do you use your phone for?
Jeff: I use it for music, video streaming, web browsing, email, editing files on the go. Pretty much everything. I would love one that can plug into my TV also for things such as Netflix streaming.

Jeff: I think I will avoid the iPhone until it has a bigger screen. My eyes hurt trying to focus on that tiny thing!
Kristen: Do you use your phone often for taking pictures and videos?
Kristen: The iPhone is also not a 4G device, it is only 3G.
Jeff: Oh that's lame!

Jeff: Yes I take pictures and videos quite often.
Kristen: How often do you use the phone for music?
Jeff: I use it in my car every day. I usually plug it into my stereo and use Slacker Radio.

Kristen: I would recommend the HTC Rezound. This is a new amazing 4G device with a 4.3' screen, a 8.0 MP camera with a front facing camera for video chat, 16GB's of internal memory, access to thousands of apps, a full HTML web browser for web and e-mail, video and music streaming, speakerphone, bluetooth, an amazing music player, and it is user friendly. Have you looked at it?

Jeff: I have briefly looked at it and the RAZR in store. Both seem like great phones.

Jeff: So hard to chose just one! I wish I could have all of them haha!
Jeff: Do you know which one of those two gets better batery life?
Kristen: Yes it is a very hard decision because many of the new ones have the same features! The Rezound has better music features. It even comes with iBeats headset as an accessory.
Kristen: Let me check for you.
Jeff: Okay, thank you!

Kristen: The Droid Razr has a better battery life. It does not have a removable battery either.

Jeff: That's interesting. Bettery battery but no chance of having a spare. So many choices!

Jeff: Also, do you know the link on Verizon to sign up for Galaxy Nexus news? I thought I signed up a while ago but I haven't heard anything. I may have put my email address in wrong.

Kristen: Let me check for you. One moment.

Jeff: I heard that it will have an even bigger 4.65" screen. That's something my eyes could see! Thank you, Kristen.

Kristen: I am going to send you the link to sign up for e-mail updates. Would that be fine?

Jeff: Yes, that would be perfect!

Kristen: Click here.

Jeff: Thank you so much!

Jeff: Have I missed any important news regarding the Galaxy Nexus in the last couple weeks?

Kristen: You are most welcome. We do not have much information about the Nexus right now. I am hoping we know more soon.

Jeff: Oh man! You and me both. One of my friends has it on AT&T and he said it is an amazing phone. I hope it comes out soon. It could be a good present for Christmas... to myself!

Kristen: I am hoping so because we have many customers inquiring about it right now.

Jeff: Well I hope they don't take all of them when it comes out. I want one too :). Do you know how much storage it will have?

Kristen: I am not sure. We are not able to confirm any information on it at this time unfortunately.
Jeff: Okay, well I guess I will have to wait for this email notification. Then I have to decide between the Rezound, RAZR and Nexus. This will be a tough decision. A two-year decision!

Kristen: Yes it will be. Remember you can try them out and return it if you are not satisfied with it.

Jeff: But then there is a restocking fee :(. I'm not made of money LOL!

Kristen: Yes that is the unfortunate thing about returning it.

Jeff: I'll try my best to pick the right one first! Thank you for your time, Kristen! You have been very helpful and full of information.

Kristen: You are most welcome and I am glad I was able to assist you today! Would you like for me to assist you with any other questions or concerns you may have today?
Jeff: Not today, maybe after the Nexus is announced!

Kristen: Thank you for visiting Verizon Wireless; it’s been a pleasure chatting with you. Have a great day!
Your chat session has been ended by your Verizon Wireless online agent.

jcardona1

Reaction score
Troll attempt #2 - Status: Success

Please hold for a Verizon Wireless sales representative to assist you with your order. Thank you for your patience.

You are now chatting with 'Chaquala'
Joey: Hi
Joey: espeaky Spanish?
Chaquala: Hi, Joey! I only speak English.
Chaquala: Desafortunadamente no tenemos ningan representante de habla hispana. Para la informacian sobre nuevo servicio, entre en contacto con por favor nuestro departamento de los telesales en 1-800-256-4646. Para la informacian sobre servicio existente llame por favor 1-800-922-0204
Joey: Ok me too, just checking!
Joey: I need a little help
Joey: I want to order a new phone
Chaquala: How can I help you with ordering your new phone today?
Joey: Well, I'm not too good with all this new technology and names, but I've been hearing a lot about this great new phone, the Galactic Ice Cream I think it's called?
Chaquala: I haven't heard of that one. The latest version of the Android operating system is Ice Cream sandwich. Is that what you're referring to?
Joey: Standby, let me use my Google-fu to confirm
Chaquala: Okay.
Joey: Hahah ok I'm clearly an idiot sorry. Yes, looks like that's the new version of Android, and the phone is the Galaxy Nexus. Boy did I screw that one up!
Joey: I'm reading an article right now that says it was supposed to be available for pre-order already?
Chaquala: No problem at all! The Galaxy Nexus is the highly anticipated phone that everyone is waiting for!
Chaquala: Unfortunately, it hasn't been released for pre-order.
Joey: Ok sweet. That must be the one I want too!
Joey: That website says it will go for sale on 12/8. Is that true?
Chaquala: We haven't actually received an upgrade date, so I'm not sure about that.
Joey: But will Verizon be getting it?
Chaquala: As far as we are aware, yes.
Joey: Cool! Do you know if it will be out before xmas?
Chaquala: No, I don't.
Joey: Awww. I really want to give you guys my money :(
Joey: So you guys have no info on a pre-order or release date?
Chaquala: Would you be interested in the new Motorola Razr or HTC Rezound?
Chaquala: No, there has been no information provided.
Chaquala: Would you like a link to the page to sign up for email updates?
Joey: Sure, thanks!
Joey: I saw them both in stores, and I kinda like the Rezound.
Chaquala: The Rezound is an awesome phone and it also comes with Beat headphones!
Joey: Razr looks cool, but I'm not a fan of Motorola anymore. I have the original Droid and I have insider information that they purposely upload electrical gremlins to make their phones buggy.
Chaquala: Oh wow.
Joey: And the cameras are terrible!!!! Remember those old Polaroid cameras from like 1974? Where you wait like 8 minutes for the picture to develop?
Joey: That's how I feel when I snap a pic with a Motorola phone!
Chaquala: Lol, yes I do remember those.
Joey: So on the Rezound, if I don't like it, can I return it?
Chaquala: Yes, you will have 14 days to return the phone.
Joey: Ok, so what happens, like if the phone gets scratched or nicked while I have it, and I want to return it?
Chaquala: I'm not sure since returns are handled by a different department. I would just recommend being careful for the phone for those 14 days.
Joey: Oh you know, I just Google'd Verizon returns and I found a website that say Verizon extended their holiday return period. The website is "Droid Life". Apparently these guys eat sleep and breath Droids. Sheesh, talk about weirdos!
Chaquala: You are correct! Thanks for reminding me.
Joey: Haha, anything else I can help you with today?
Joey: Just kidding :)
Chaquala: Do you currently have service with us?
Joey: Yes, I've been with Verizon for several years now. You guys have been taking my money since I got my first paycheck.
Joey: I used to work in a sweat shop making fake Nikes
Chaquala: Are you interested in upgrading to the Rezound online today?
Joey: Hmm you know it's tempting, but I really really really want this Nexus.
Joey: It's supposed to take like 7 pictures/second!
Joey: My Motorola Droid take like 1 pic in 7 minutes :|
Joey: So I think I'm gonna wait it out
Chaquala: Okay what other questions do you have for me?
Joey: Do you think Cain slept with all those women?
Joey: Just kidding, you don't have to answer. Unless you really want to!
Chaquala: No, thanks.
Joey: Ok, thanks for your help!
Chaquala: You're welcome!
Chaquala: Thank you for visiting Verizon Wireless; it’s been a pleasure chatting with you. Have a great day!
Joey: You too, thanks
Chaquala: Thanks and you're welcome, Joey! Goodbye!

OP
patriot95

patriot95

Reaction score
"Chaquala: Lol, yes I do remember those."

Chaquala (??) said "Lol". This has got to be the best one yet.

ilikemoneygreen

Silver Member
Reaction score
I didn't have the chat button yesterday, but I will check here and a bit to see if I have it today.

On another note.... it seems like I've now read 2 or 3 reps state or confirm that you only have a 14 day waiting period... do none of them know about the Jan 15th deal that is going on right now?
I couldnt get a chat button last night either, i bet they clock out at 12 or something.

YankInDaSouth

Theme Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.wix.com
Was bored so I hit them up again :D This guy actually seemed pretty cool lol Here it is:
Please hold for a Verizon Wireless sales representative to assist you with your order. Thank you for your patience.
You are now chatting with 'Mike C'
Mike C: Hello. Thank you for visiting our chat service. May I help you with your order today?
Chip: Hey Mike, how's your day?
Mike C: Great! How can I help you today?
Chip: I've got some questions regarding Android Smartphones
Chip: I have heard a lot of "hype" about some new version
Mike C: I'd be happy to help you with your questions.
Chip: new version of android, that is
Chip: But, looking on the site I am not seeing much info
Mike C: Right now the Razr and the Rezound are the newest out, while there is also the Galaxy Nexus coming soon. There hasn't been much info put out about that yet release date wise.
Chip: I see - and the Razr and Rezound both have this new Android version?
Mike C: They will be able to update to it when it comes out.
Chip: And this Galaxy Nexus is a mystery device of sorts lol
Chip: Is there a time frame as to when the new Android will be made available?
Chip: I just did a quick google search on Galaxy Nexus - seems it's available in the UK?
Mike C: The Nexus will be the first to come with it installed, and other phones should get the update within a few weeks of it's release.
Mike C: You can get unlocked ones, but those you can only activate on other carriers like ATT.
Chip: Ugh! Man how can this be?!
Chip: The boys on the other side of the pond showing us up?!!? Good ole U S of A?!
Chip: Anywho ...
Mike C: They had the Galaxy SII available outside the US for a long time before it came to carriers officially too. Samsung is a Korean manufacturer, so that may have something to do with it.
Chip: Ah ha
Chip: So, the Nexus will this new Android out of the box while the others will have to wait for an update ...
Mike C: Yes.
Chip: I know how painful it can be awaiting for an upgrade - my first droid took forever to get an update
Chip: So, this Nexus has no release date info?
Mike C: Not for Verizon yet. I would expect mid to late december.
Chip: Hmmm ... now I have a dilemma
Chip: December is right around the corner, but I have this money burning a whole in my pocket
Chip: DAG BLAST IT!! What's a guy to do Mike C??!?!?1
Chip: If you were in my shoes, would you await the Nexus?
Mike C: I definitely would at this point, since it should be pretty close.
Chip: Awesome! Thanks for an honest answer!
Chip: I appreciate that!
Chip: I see you're not just trying to sell me something right here and now!
Chip: OK, I REALLY appreciate your insight on this
Mike C: It's better to wait and not end up with the buyers remorse later.
Chip: So very true!
Chip: You're a good man Mike C!
Chip: Tell your boss I said you deserve a raise!!
Mike C: Thanks! Do you have any other questions I can assist you with today?
Chip: Your raise is effective the day the Nexus releases :)
Mike C: Haha
Chip: OK, thanks again Mike C!! You have been very helpful!!
Chip: You have a great day!
Mike C: It has been my pleasure to chat with you today! Please feel free to re-open the chat session if you need further assistance . Thank you and have a great day!
Chip: I will bury my money in the backyard and sit tight!
Chip: Ta ta

OP
patriot95

patriot95

Reaction score
SOmetimes it's there... sometimes it isn't. Sometimes it pops up and asks you if you want to chat. Sign in and pretend to be shopping... one way or another you should see it.

OP
patriot95

patriot95

Reaction score
Mike C clearly has had a lot of people ask him today. He jumped right to the Nexus without you even asking lol.

jcardona1

Reaction score
Yeah it seems like we aren't the only ones asking about it. Customer Service and Sales reps are getting hit with these questions a lot I'm sure. And management is making sure they are tight-lipped about it.

ilikemoneygreen

Silver Member
Reaction score
Mike C was definitely honest. Seemed more knowledgeable then the other peeps. maybe he knows about this thread. :biggrin:

OP
patriot95

patriot95

Reaction score
BUY A RAZR NOW

Matthew just wanted to sell me something. He wasn't too interested in my games.

Please hold for a Verizon Wireless sales representative to assist you with your order. Thank you for your patience. You are now chatting with 'Matthew'
Matthew: Hello. Thank you for visiting our chat service. May I help you with your order today?

DF4LIFE: I have a quick question.

Matthew: Alrighty.
DF4LIFE: If you were going to buy a new 4G LTE Android smartphone, which device, current or coming soon, would you buy?

Matthew: Well there are many different options available and it will depend on your personal preferences, what kind of android phone are you looking for?
DF4LIFE: I want the best of the best all-around device. Camera, sound, call quality, battery life, great screen and good build quality. I'm going to be using the device for two years, I want it to be the best it can be at the time I purchase it.

Matthew: The Razr is what you want, it's the best phone out at this time, super fast intenet, great camera, nice sound as well as good battery life!
Matthew: Have you seen it?

DF4LIFE: I actually have. I played with a few of the phones at my local Verizon. Everything about it seems nice. I'm torn between that and the Nexus. I like the idea of getting software updates directly from Google and not having to wait for Motorola to Blur-ify the new updates. But both seem so nice!

Matthew: Well the Nexus might be a good phone but we have no idea when it will be coming out.
Matthew: And we do offer a 40 day trial period on phones right now.

Matthew: So you can get the Razr and see how you like it for 40 days!
DF4LIFE: That is a long time! Knowing my luck I would scratch it somehow... I would have to be extra careful. I wish they would come out with a release date for the Nexus. That 4.65" screen is awesome. And seeing friends on AT&T with it kills me! My service is better by far... but their phone definitely seems to be awesome.

Matthew: Well I bet if you took the Razr and tried it out a few days you would find you love it.

Matthew: But if you can't do that I understand.
DF4LIFE: I could do that. Maybe I'll have to wait till both are out and play with them side by side.

Matthew: Well you are welcome to wait, just know you could be waiting a long while.
DF4LIFE: True, knowing Verizon the Nexus will probably come out in Feb after everyone else has it. Then I'll be crawling along with my dying Blackberry Storm. I might as well activate my OLD RAZR. The flip phone!

Matthew: Well that's up to you, but I would recommend at least trying the Razr for a few days through our purchase trial period.
DF4LIFE: I might do that.

DF4LIFE: You seem like you like that phone. Do you personally use that one?
Matthew: I am not allowed to talk about personal things even if it is a phone unfortunately.
DF4LIFE: Sorry for asking! Does the RAZR get good battery life? Say, enough to make it through a full day on one charge?

Matthew: Yes it does as long as you aren't watching video all the day long.
DF4LIFE: Yeah I don't do a lot of that. If I do I'll have it docked somewhere charging.

DF4LIFE: Thanks Matthew. I might check out the RAZR today after work.
Matthew: Ah ok then you should definitely last the day.

DF4LIFE: Don't tell my boss we were chatting! ;)

Matthew: Alrighty.
Matthew: It has been my pleasure to chat with you today! Please feel free to re-open the chat session if you need further assistance . Thank you and have a great day!

Mullens

Reaction score
just fill all of you guys know I had my interview at a verizon sales store and also at the corporate call center as a tech. unfortunately they have no clue when the nexus primus coming out. my discussion with the district supervisor lead me to believe that they are a bit weary about whether or not it will make it out by the end of the year

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

OP
patriot95

patriot95

Reaction score
just fill all of you guys know I had my interview at a verizon sales store and also at the corporate call center as a tech. unfortunately they have no clue when the nexus primus coming out. my discussion with the district supervisor lead me to believe that they are a bit weary about whether or not it will make it out by the end of the year

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

Seriousness in the Trollin' thread? No, you must just be Trollin' also. I hope... :frown: