Verizon to replace my Droid 2 (mount/unmount SD card issues)

HutRU01

Reaction score
I am having a replacment D2 sent to me because my current D2 is having major SD card issues. I tried formatting the SD card and it works fine on Windows, but now it won't even mount to my D2. Anyhow, I was wondering if I should worry about unrooting my phone and flashing it back to a stock ROM.....I mean my guess is that since this is most likely a hardware issue, they (Verizon) will probably wipe the phone anyhow.

The phone that is being returned is currently on Liberty GB v0.8.

Any advice on this?

TRIKOTRET

Reaction score
I am having a replacment D2 sent to me because my current D2 is having major SD card issues. I tried formatting the SD card and it works fine on Windows, but now it won't even mount to my D2. Anyhow, I was wondering if I should worry about unrooting my phone and flashing it back to a stock ROM.....I mean my guess is that since this is most likely a hardware issue, they (Verizon) will probably wipe the phone anyhow.

The phone that is being returned is currently on Liberty GB v0.8.

Any advice on this?

I would unroot it before I send it back. They might look to see if its rooted before they wipe it

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

OP
HutRU01

HutRU01

Reaction score
The only issue with SBF to stock is that my SD card is no longer being read on my D2. So I can't install via sd card. Unfortunately, I don't have a computer or laptop that I can really use to download any ROMS or install any necessary apps to do that.

I can certainly unroot it though.

OP
HutRU01

HutRU01

Reaction score
I called Verizon and asked them about doing a factory data reset (to get rid of personal information) and they said to activate my new phone first, then do a factory data reset on the old D2.

syndicate0017

Silver Member
Reaction score
The only issue with SBF to stock is that my SD card is no longer being read on my D2. So I can't install via sd card. Unfortunately, I don't have a computer or laptop that I can really use to download any ROMS or install any necessary apps to do that.

Nevermind. Reread and you don't have a computer. Disregard

Sent from my CushZero using DroidForums

Last edited:

UrbanBounca

Rescue Squad
Staff member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score

There is no sense in unrooting the phone, if you're not going to SBF back to stock.