Verizon to overhaul its phone and data pricing plans

DarrellM5

Reaction score
I just went through the verizonwireless "change your plan" thing and found out that not only can I save $0.02 a month, but the two semi-smart phones on my plan would be downgraded from unlimited to 25MB of data a month.

We currently have a Droid, Alias II and LG Chocolate with the 1400 minute Family Share plan with unlimited text and data.

tylonal

Reaction score
I just went through the verizonwireless "change your plan" thing and found out that not only can I save $0.02 a month, but the two semi-smart phones on my plan would be downgraded from unlimited to 25MB of data a month.

We currently have a Droid, Alias II and LG Chocolate with the 1400 minute Family Share plan with unlimited text and data.

yea, somthing i meant to mention in my earlier post....if youv got a plan with a semi smart phone and you have the 75 megabyte plan..dont change it if you like it, because the new options are only 25 mb and unltd.
also, certain phones (such as the env3) now require data plans....lol
and if you have one like that, such as the env3, currently, and then you make a change to it (say you switch price plans, or need an insurance replacement, when you get your new device, and call to activate it, more than likly, because it is a "new device", verizon will add the data feature for $10. EVEN if you didnt have it befor.
not that i agree with it...i dont. but if this happens to you, the ONLY way to get it rectified, is to speak with a sup, and throw a fit. lol. :mad:

jaxhunt

Reaction score
excessive monthly charges

we bought a Droid Eris for my mother-in-law in December (paid full price from eBay) and talked to a Verizon cust care rep on the phone when the new device was being activated, etc. about the charge. We were told there would be no charge for data (she went from a Treo to the Droid Eris) and her plan would stay the same. New Verizon bill now shows an increase per month of $40.l8. (Regularly $76.47 vs. $116.65). We called this morning and was told that every Smart Phone had a charge for data - for the Droid, for all it will do, the minimum data charge is $29.95 plus tax per month. Excessive - not in my mother-in-law's budget. What do you suggest? The rep said she could go back to her old phone for the same price she was paying before on the same "family" plan - $76.47 - w/her son and her on same account but obviously she wants the new phone we got her. How to go back to previous plan and keep the Droid Eris?

Newps

Reaction score
You can't. The Eris requires a data plan. Period. The first Verizon rep screwed up.