Verizon to offer 6gb for 30.00

matukqo

Reaction score
I asked a Verizon Rep about this today and was told I could only get it ifi sign up for the Verizon Edge program

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 4

Vulcan1600

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I asked a Verizon Rep about this today and was told I could only get it ifi sign up for the Verizon Edge program

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 4

....which is what the two articles linked in the first 2 posts on this topic said. It's for the Verizon Edge program only.

Natey2

Reaction score
All the things Verizon does to get me to give up my unlimited data plan. Heh heh heh.

Sent from my unrooted DroidX using Tapatalk 2

Natey2

Reaction score
OK, Verizon won.
I've switched to T-Mobile.

Verizon w/DroidX:
$40 - 450 minutes talk, no texting plan
$45 - unlimited corporate data (3G), no official tether

T-Mobile w/Galaxy S4:
$44 - unlimited talk and text
$17.6 unlimited 4G + 2.5GB tether

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S4 using Tapatalk 2

Xfactorx316

Reaction score
OK, Verizon won.
I've switched to T-Mobile.

Verizon w/DroidX:
$40 - 450 minutes talk, no texting plan
$45 - unlimited corporate data (3G), no official tether

T-Mobile w/Galaxy S4:
$44 - unlimited talk and text
$17.6 unlimited 4G + 2.5GB tether

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S4 using Tapatalk 2

I would love to switch (especially to save a little bit of cash), but the reality for me is that they still have the best coverage in my home area and areas that I travel too.

jackiescivic

Diamond Member
Reaction score
This 6gb with tether was originally for EDGE only, but they have since made it available to customers without the EDGE plan. How do I know this? Because I just put a customer on it here at Costco :) But, we have been told this is a limited time offer.

Natey2

Reaction score
Yes, even I wouldn't recommend T-Mobile for someone who will be traveling around the country and needing 4G connectivity all over. But there's something else about SIM card phones I like: you can Carrier-unlock them and use another Carrier's SIM to get better connectivity and/or calling rates elsewhere, if necessary.

I called my local Costco (mid-September? ) before calling Verizon/T-Mobile, and they said they were not doing the Verizon Edge offer.

Xfactorx316

Reaction score
This 6gb with tether was originally for EDGE only, but they have since made it available to customers without the EDGE plan. How do I know this? Because I just put a customer on it here at Costco :) But, we have been told this is a limited time offer.

I got my hopes up when I saw this and ran to the website to try and get this deal. It was not available on the website. So today I stopped in and talked to a rep - they tried and it kept trying to switch my data to the 2gb for 30..... Then I called Verizon to see what they would say and they told me that I could only get that deal if I switch to the Edge plan. Think I'll hang on a little bit longer and see what the best option is for me. Apparently I'm not meant to get that deal :(

jackiescivic

Diamond Member
Reaction score
I got my hopes up when I saw this and ran to the website to try and get this deal. It was not available on the website. So today I stopped in and talked to a rep - they tried and it kept trying to switch my data to the 2gb for 30..... Then I called Verizon to see what they would say and they told me that I could only get that deal if I switch to the Edge plan. Think I'll hang on a little bit longer and see what the best option is for me. Apparently I'm not meant to get that deal :(

The email that I received said it is to be used as a 'last resort' only, and that it is a limited time offering. It's quite possible that it has ended.