Status
Not open for further replies.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score

flpmode79

Reaction score
Latest doesn't always mean Greatest. If i'm not mistaken FRG22 there is issues with Voice Search. I use Voice Search a good bit!

The issue with Voice search is now fixed. I ran into it last night and an adjustment was made to fix the voice search. Mine is working fine now. :)

Awesome, Thanks for the info!! Makes me feel much better.

usranger80

Reaction score
Is there anyway to put a big massive post out there for people informing them of the facebook battery drain. I know its been done on a lot of other sites already but it seems a lot of folks in here are still thinking its the new ROM causing the battery drain, I have seen it in 8-10 different threads now.

markwebb

Reaction score
They better fix the battery drain issue first as posted in another thread. I had to uninstall it.

There is speculation that the battery issues are related to a Facebook app update.

New Facebook Update is Draining Batteries? | Droid Life: A Droid Community Blog

Probably true. I don't use Facebook and I have no battery issue.
I don't use FB at all nor have it installed and I have the issue. A few others reported having the issue w/o FB, although I am sure FB is the major culprit to the drain.

Go figure.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Is there anyway to put a big massive post out there for people informing them of the facebook battery drain. I know its been done on a lot of other sites already but it seems a lot of folks in here are still thinking its the new ROM causing the battery drain, I have seen it in 8-10 different threads now.

Yes, if you link me to something conclusive on it, I can arrange that.

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
I do have FB installed but it looks no different then it did in 2.1. What is this NEW FB app y'all speak of?

usranger80

Reaction score

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I do have FB installed but it looks no different then it did in 2.1. What is this NEW FB app y'all speak of?

Be brave, Junior Droid. I here it is in the Market….but….rumor has it that it's a battery drainer so you may want to hold off.

bishop

Reaction score
personally i dont think it is facebook. my battery went to heck when i updated from FRF84B to FRG01B. now i am on FRG22 with the new FB app and it seems about the same as 01B. I use FB a decent amount and even then in my battery usage it is only about 2%, less then LauncherPro

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2

Be brave, Junior Droid. I here it is in the Market….but….rumor has it that it's a battery drainer so you may want to hold off.

LOL Hookbill. Thank you.
I am a very brave Jr. Droid. My Droid is pretty much always plugged in. It's plugged in when I am home, and when I am at work.
Off to get new FB app....

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score

Thank you, I've sent that along. We should have something shortly.

Status
Not open for further replies.