Verizon to Launch New LTE Networks In Michigan, Indiana, and North Carolina

Edognights

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
verizon4g.jpg

Verizon has announced plans to launch four new LTE networks and expand two existing networks on June 21st. New networks are planned for Columbus and Seymour, Indiana, Traverse City, Michigan, and Hickory, North Carolina. Existing networks in southeast Massachusetts and Charlotte, North Carolina will be expanded. Verizon has paid special attention to Charlotte, adding distributed antenna systems (DAS), capacity enhancements, and even in-building repeaters in preparation for the upcoming Democratic National convention. Most of these upgrades will remain in place after the convention has ended. Currently Verizon offers 4g LTE service in 258 markets, and plans to cover 400 markets by the end of this year.

Source: Phone Arena

Last edited:

Jmoore1701

Reaction score
Woo hoo! Me live in Charlotte! Thanks, Democrats! Oh, and uh, thanks, Verizon!

hisself

Reaction score
Whoopee! When are they going to turn on the existing 4G in Panama City, FL? For the past two months, I have seen flashes of 4G, but it never lasts. I was told that they are still testing it. Shouldn't they finish what they started before starting elsewhere?

Briankbl

Reaction score
Whoopee! When are they going to turn on the existing 4G in Panama City, FL? For the past two months, I have seen flashes of 4G, but it never lasts. I was told that they are still testing it. Shouldn't they finish what they started before starting elsewhere?

Dude, high five lol! I have also seen one blip of 4G, I wanna say back on May 11th in Lynn Haven. The wait is driving me nuts.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2