Verizon to Get HTC Bliss; Android Phone Designed Specifically for Women

nerdslogic

Silver Member
Reaction score
Dude that thing is awesome.

By the way that "hook" for "hanging charms" is actually for straps so you don't drop your phone. Of course if it is more important that maybe the charm will keep you from dropping it ;)

00 formula

Reaction score
^haha, wow. Well, if there wasn't enough stereotyping in the article itself...

I just have one serious question. When will the phone designed specifically for men come out?

It seems like they're saying that all other phones are made for males. This is why I hate marketing.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

I would say the new Casio is very much targeted towards men, even if it doesn't come out and specifically say it.

chris420o

Reaction score
this is a uber smart idea from htc..my girl would like this phone even though she doesnt want a touch screen phone so she sticks with her dumb blackberry with fkn bbm i hate that she has...anwho...a lot of women are...well girls...theyll go in a verizon look at all the phones and see this lil dazzling one and be like ooh i like this one...ooh on the front screen is a calorie counter and a shop comparison thing...sold

its not sterotyping...i call a square a square and a circle a circle...it is what it is

you call pepsi max and coke zero with their black bottles and lack of the word "diet" and their commericals with dudes actin like dues sterotyping?

...or smart marketing?

jev

Reaction score
I agree with chris420o. It's marketing, not stereotyping. Why does it have to be stereotyping to make a product aimed at a certain demographic. That being said, my wife could care less about the specs of her phone. All she cares about is that it works for what she uses it for. Mainly phone calls and text messages from her clients. She doesn't care that it's rooted and what version of android it has on it as long as it works without "freaking out" on her.

xrayeyes

Reaction score
I don't mind that they may be designing a phone geared toward women if they really knew what women wanted... :)

This is the one time that I would say I want something smaller! ;) I truly am basing a huge amount of my decision on my first smartphone based on getting a small sized phone. There is just not much to choose from. I wish the manufacturers would design a few smaller phones for us delicate creatures! :p