Verizon to drop Unlimited Data on 7/29, tiered pricing to follow?

Reaction score
question. does anyone else feel like betrayed? like im sick to my stomach thinking about this. they have this all planned out. first the verizon app. then the droid x being shipped out in august. its disgusting the way this company works

DAVPX

Reaction score
At least they got the DX's first OTA our in a timely fashion. Hopefully we won't ever see a repeat of the D1's 2.1 OTA ever again. But yeah, I do feel a little screwed.

Raceredmx

Reaction score
balls...this is like a HUGE dealbreaker for me if they actually do this. I mean I've seen some NASTY bills from people who don't have unlimited data plans. I thought I saw someone on this forum saying their droid is on cricket...if so they just might have to enlighten us (or me at least :icon_wink:) on how to go about putting our droids on cricket...I hope it doesn't come to this but it might...

oshizo

Reaction score
here's the thing we are already locked into a contract. I honestly don't think it's possible to void someone whom is already on the dotted line. If they try to change my contract i'll go to sprint and pay thier 10$ premium, and i'll be dammed if they can charge me a disconnect fee.. not mad yet but i had att try to do that years back when they went to calling themselves that orange logo just to devoid existing customers. I told them no i won't pay for this or that you won't honor my contract and i have not upgraded the pike off, and thats no disconnect fee either. same goes here.

hapster

Reaction score
If Verizon does adopt a tiered plan, what happens when u reach 2gb? Are u out of luck for the rest of the month, or doomed to pay-as-u-go?

Sent from my Droid

Hyde895

Reaction score
could someone get off from their contract should this tier plan go through? I don't think i'll stay with verizon if they do.

Vulcan1600

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
here's the thing we are already locked into a contract. I honestly don't think it's possible to void someone whom is already on the dotted line. If they try to change my contract i'll go to sprint and pay thier 10$ premium, and i'll be dammed if they can charge me a disconnect fee.. not mad yet but i had att try to do that years back when they went to calling themselves that orange logo just to devoid existing customers. I told them no i won't pay for this or that you won't honor my contract and i have not upgraded the pike off, and thats no disconnect fee either. same goes here.
First of all, VZW will not change our contracts, we'd be locked in to the current contract.

Secondly, Sprint isn't going to change to tiered pricing on data? Don't be so quick to answer "no".

thatguy

Reaction score
Verizon could still have an option for unlimited data in the tiered pricing. Until they release any information on the plans there is no reason to freak out.

zeke

Reaction score
Crap

Days like this i wish metro pcs had good phones and service. Crap on verizon

Vulcan1600

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Verizon could still have an option for unlimited data in the tiered pricing. Until they release any information on the plans there is no reason to freak out.
Exactly! Nothing is for sure and already VZW is the worst company in the world and people are going to T-M, Cricket and Sprint.

gmony01

Reaction score
It's always a good idea to call and yell about a plan they haven't announced.

LMAO. Good one. Of couse I wouldn't, but as soon as they announce it I will be. Plus there is nothing wrong with voicing protest when plans like this come from an Analyst. Do you rally for a policy or politician after its inacted or the person has won office? No, you gather to prevent from ever happening.

Techno Droid

Reaction score
They're. ****ing crazy and stupid to make a move like that! I'll be one of the few protesting! AT&T has been sending me offers for 6yrs now! And I just might take them over Verizon! I've had verizon for 7yrs now and I'm not going to throw away anymore money! I do everything from my droid from sun up to sun down, and now I have to carry a netbook with me!?!? The usage doesn't affect them, its just now they want make more money off of those who live on their phones!

NeoandGeo

Reaction score
So much for that speculation of the Droid platform becoming a laptop replacement. :icon_eek:

erikfig

Reaction score
If they don't honor my contract I won't do it either! Just switch to a different company.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk