Verizon to drop Unlimited Data on 7/29, tiered pricing to follow?

rcali001

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy Note 3
There is not going to be a change to tiered data plans tomorrow. I work for verizon and we will not be changin to tiered data at this time.

The reason AT&T changed was because they couldn't handle the bandwidth caused by a large number of iphone users. We do not have this issue. Verizon spends $5.5 billion a year on the network so that it is always prepared for any situation.

There's nothing to worry about now. And do all the downloading you need to bc unlimited data is here to stay.

Thanks for the great info lowboy! VZW is truly a people business!!

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

czerdrill

Silver Member
Reaction score
There is not going to be a change to tiered data plans tomorrow. I work for verizon and we will not be changin to tiered data at this time.

The reason AT&T changed was because they couldn't handle the bandwidth caused by a large number of iphone users. We do not have this issue. Verizon spends $5.5 billion a year on the network so that it is always prepared for any situation.

There's nothing to worry about now. And do all the downloading you need to bc unlimited data is here to stay.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

you work for verizon? in what capacity? i hope not sales, because then to be honest you'd be just as clueless as any of us as to what verizon's plans are (no offense, but it's true). if you work for corporate and actually have some inside knowledge then cool, but somehow i doubt it. i find it hard to believe that they won't switch to tiered plans at some point, because it would only make sense for them to do that, but stranger things have happened.

NeoandGeo

Reaction score
As a BB user, I have never use Navigator, but have always had access to my BB's GPS sensors and have used various GPS software programs quite successfully over the years. When was it that Verizon require you to use Navigator on a BB?

Can't speak for BB, but my XV6800 was near useless because VZ blocked the GPS from working unless you were using VZNavigator. The only response I got was it was locked for quality control. It was eventually unlocked...About a month before I got a new phone. :|

R

RETG

As a BB user, I have never use Navigator, but have always had access to my BB's GPS sensors and have used various GPS software programs quite successfully over the years. When was it that Verizon require you to use Navigator on a BB?

Can't speak for BB, but my XV6800 was near useless because VZ blocked the GPS from working unless you were using VZNavigator. The only response I got was it was locked for quality control. It was eventually unlocked...About a month before I got a new phone. :|

Well, I learned something today. Never knew they blocked GPS service on regular phones.