Verizon to brick phones??

Reaction score
Hubby said he had seen an artical in the New York Times that verizon is planning a bricking signal when the iphone comes out. Any ideas?

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

OP
MischiefsMommy
Reaction score
Don't know if it does or not. Going by what hubby said. All I know is he hates that I am rooted and do so many things to my phone. Maybe that is why he said it. So I thought I would throw it out to see if anyone else heard anything. I am not trying to stir up trouble here. This is a BIG community. If there is some truth to this then someone will know something without me having to "link up the artical."

GSXRADDICT

Reaction score
Don't know if it does or not. Going by what hubby said. All I know is he hates that I am rooted and do so many things to my phone. Maybe that is why he said it. So I thought I would throw it out to see if anyone else heard anything. I am not trying to stir up trouble here. This is a BIG community. If there is some truth to this then someone will know something without me having to "link up the artical."

I think it was just out of context. What it seems just from a quick google that carriers are having to work on getting the signals better considering new york has a lot of brick buildings. For us that are rooted verizon can even push system updates let alone send a signal to brick our phones. Verizon doesn't care only motorola does.
*Droid Life*

OP
MischiefsMommy
Reaction score
Thank you so much! I really apprechiate the input. My hubby gets confused easily and blows things out of specks all the time. That's why I thought it would be good to ask here. Thanks again for the help! :icon_ banana::icon_ banana:

GSXRADDICT

Reaction score
Thank you so much! I really apprechiate the input. My hubby gets confused easily and blows things out of specks all the time. That's why I thought it would be good to ask here. Thanks again for the help! :icon_ banana::icon_ banana:

Loved ones just don't understand why we love this stuff so much haha

*Droid Life*

OP
MischiefsMommy
Reaction score
Haha that's the truth. My phone sleeps with me. When I can't sleep of course I play. It drives him crazy. That's when I found the screen dimmer apk... works wonders. ;)

GSXRADDICT

Reaction score
That's why I like cm7 set the backlight as low as my eyes can handle haha

*Droid Life*

GSXRADDICT

Reaction score
What phone do you have? Do you have rom manager? Its cyanogenmod nightly which nightly just means its an experimental build but I love it on my og droid.

*Droid Life*

GSXRADDICT

Reaction score
Ah they don't have a port for the droid2 yet one developer said he might work on porting it to d2 dang those droid2 lol takes longer to get stuff that is really amazing. Tell your hubby not to worry I have had about 3 phones replaced that were rooted at no charge. No fault to being rooted either might wanna point that last part out lol

*Droid Life*