VERIZON TECH SPILLED BEANS

MarBearCat

Reaction score
TP-LINK Archer C9 AC1900 Dual Band Wireless AC Gigabit Router, 2.4GHz 600Mbps+5Ghz 1300Mbps, 1 USB 2.0 Port & 1 USB 3.0 Port, IPv6, Guest Network Amazon.com TP-LINK Archer C9 AC1900 Dual Band Wireless AC Gigabit Router 2.4GHz 600Mbps 5Ghz 1300Mbps 1 USB 2.0 Port 1 USB 3.0 Port IPv6 Guest Network Computers Accessories

Wasn't cheap. Boss paid $140.

TapaTurbo
Oh I'm all over this!!!! Amazon Prime to the rescue! LOL!
Money= Hate to make it, love to spend it!

>"<

AvaMichele

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy Note 4
I hear ya... 3 cells, 3 tablets, the Wii, roku, Chromecast, blue ray player. It does add up.
Oh my! I forgot about the Chromecast (x2) and the blue ray players (x3), although it's usually just one or two of those at a time.

✋ Sent from my Droid Turbo with Tapatalk

hammerhead13

Gold Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy Note10+ 5G
It's faster Wi-Fi.... It's above the current 802.11n that most use.
Yes, It's the Next Standard of Wireless. It is supposed to Provide Gigabit Speeds of Wireless.

I Have most of My Devices (3 Acer Tablets, BluRay other Laptops) running on the 2.4GHz Channel and my Droid Turbo, Note 2, S4 Mini, S3 & Surface Pro 3 running on the 5GHz Channel. The difference in Signal Strength and Speed is huge from my old Wireless N and I'm using the Xfinity Router that came with my Comcast Service that I had them Upgrade.

Last edited:

k1ngr4t

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force
Just wanted to throw it out there, but I stayed at my cousins place in Cali last week and met his roommate who is a Verizon rep. I jokingly asked him when Lollipop was coming to the Turbo. A) He seemed surprised I knew what LP was and then B) got defensive after telling me it was already released for Droid Turbo and I asked if he was sure!

Those silly Verizon reps :rolleyes:

hammerhead13

Gold Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy Note10+ 5G
These were the same Verizon Reps that told be back when I wanted a Galaxy Note 2 that it was not Coming to Verizon. All I can say is seeing is Believing and I will take the word over People in this Forum over any Rep for any Telecom except for my Buddy who works for Samsung Mobile.

OP
JDH

JDH

Reaction score
I really don't care about 5******, but would really like to have wfi calling. Is that so much to ask for? Just saw that the N6 on T-Mo is getting it and seems like if moto has it for the N6 we should have it on turbo.

jpiarull

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Z Force Droid
Twitter
jpiarull
Last edited:

AvaMichele

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy Note 4
Update software version apparently is 21.44.12. Any credence to this claim? If so, download link available? Came out yesterday this info. Thoughts and words guys? Phone is running this version currently, unless it's another step-up upgrade.

Motorola Droid Turbo Skips Android 5.0 Lollipop VoLTE Bug Fix From Different Software Update Trending News Venture Capital Post

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
This is the update that came in February, but we had to wait until well into March to get it? Or maybe it came in January, and we had to wait until February to get it. I was in that soak.

jpiarull

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Z Force Droid
Twitter
jpiarull
This is the update that came in February, but we had to wait until well into March to get it? Or maybe it came in January, and we had to wait until February to get it. I was in that soak.

I kind of figured that. Once 5.1 comes out in the next 2-3 weeks we'll see if battery life improves along with overall processing performance. This won't be a flop like it was with RAZR Maxx going from Gingerbread to Ice Cream Sandwich where Motorola made a disaster out of the OS.

AvaMichele

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy Note 4
I kind of figured that. Once 5.1 comes out in the next 2-3 weeks we'll see if battery life improves along with overall processing performance. This won't be a flop like it was with RAZR Maxx going from Gingerbread to Ice Cream Sandwich where Motorola made a disaster out of the OS.

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2

Did you mean the Razr HD update when it got ICS that killed the phone and even after the patch to fix the patch the phone was NEVER quite the same?
Oh, no?

And this is exactly why I can't believe people are screaming mad about Moto not getting L out yet. The track record for Moto and Updates is not great, to say the very least.

Last edited:

AvaMichele

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy Note 4
Did you meant the Razr HD update when it got ICS that killed the phone and even after the patch to fix the patch the phone was NEVER quite the same?
Oh, no?

And this is exactly why I can't believe people are screaming mad about Moto not getting L out yet. The track record for Moto and Updates is not great, to say the very least.
Agreed!

jpiarull

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Z Force Droid
Twitter
jpiarull
Did you meant the Razr HD update when it got ICS that killed the phone and even after the patch to fix the patch the phone was NEVER quite the same?
Oh, no?

No, the 2011 Razr and it's Maxx cousin versions. Remember it coming out around June of 2012. Battery drain was awful & the phone slowed to a crawl. 5.1 has bug fixes, namely memory leak & battery meter errors some users reported having. Should be a bit different this time around with different management & strategy by Moto. Lenovo makes good hardware for phones, just haven't really tested the USA market yet. Should be interesting with new Moto models coming out this year.