Verizon Tech here - ask away!

Status
Not open for further replies.

jnd121

Reaction score
Has anyone tried changing the voice compression like vp suggested? Maybe that will fix the speakerphone echo issue?

bllarkin

Reaction score
ok... I have the Droid Eris.... don't know if anyone can answer my question since all I seem to see are motorola based questions... (personally, i like the eris better than the moto. hubby has the moto I have the eris... Mine is more user friendly, can get to things faster and easier than he can)
ANYWAY,.... I have a question, recently, I have been getting an error on my msgs, and nothing else. It's random, and doesn't seem to matter if I have 10 msgs or 100... but I get this msg,"The application Messaging (process com.android.mms) has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again," I don't have any option but force close, and when I do, any messages prior to this and any I recieve during this are all deleted. it's mostly just annoying, but any help would certainly be appreciated!!!!!

oh hey! there's already an update available??? since when? thought it wasn't out yet!!

suzyq, sorry you didn't get a response. You are in the right place, there just tend to be a lot more Droid users here than Eris users.

There are a couple of things you could try with your error message. That is an error with the messaging app and it locking up or something screwy (obviously). I assume you have rebooted your phone and this is still doing it periodically?

First, you could try installing a messaging replacement like Handcent SMS. Just install Handcent (it is free in the Market) and turn off notifications in the standard Messaging app.

The other thing you might try is doing a hard reset to reset the phone to the way it was out of the box. You will have to reconfigure it, but this tends to be the only way to correct "corruptions" in the standard installed applications on the phone.

My wife has an Eris, but she has not mentioned any issues like this with her messaging (though she uses Handcent for the last week or so). With an Eris-specific question like this, you might actually have a little more luck in the Eris section of the forum, as that is targeted specifically at that phone.

jnd121

Reaction score
Apparently it is a muffled echo of their voice on the receiver's end. I tried turning off voice privacy with no luck. Is nobody else having this issue??? :mad:

docbob90

Reaction score
Is there an FTP Transfer program that will work for the droid over 3g? I would like to be able to transfer audio from my phone to my network at work when I'm away.
Any suggestions on how to make that happen???
I'm no techie, but CAN follow directions pretty well, and know just enough to be dangerous...
Thanks!!!

jbs224

Reaction score
Repeat email notification

Viperboy:

First, thanks for all the great advice/fixes in this thread. I am encountering a small, but annoying, issue with my Droid. I keep getting a ghost/repeat email notification after I check and read an email(s). My Droid didn't do this the first week I had it. I am using Microsoft Outlook via an exchange server. Any suggestions? Thank you.

Last edited:

KZIWarrior

Silver Member
Reaction score
Is there an FTP Transfer program that will work for the droid over 3g? I would like to be able to transfer audio from my phone to my network at work when I'm away.
Any suggestions on how to make that happen???
I'm no techie, but CAN follow directions pretty well, and know just enough to be dangerous...
Thanks!!!
http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-faq/5616-howto-wifi-mount-your-droid.html
Part two explains the process for 3G. There is a dedicated 'help thread' for that post.
Is there a stylus, or external mouse for the droid???
Google search for "capacitive stylus". There are several out there.

to both the above posters SEARCH is your friend. Both these are EASILY and quickly answered with a simple google search.

mapexvenus

Reaction score
First of all - awesome to have you here on the forum, and THANK YOU!!

When will 2.1 be available for the Droid?
When will the N1 be available on Verizon?

Thanks!

cchhiipp

Reaction score
Hi, thanks for keeping up with us, and Happy New Year!

I have a question about the camera. If I take a photo in landscape/horizontal mode, when I transfer it to my computer, it comes out oriented correctly (proper side up). But if I take the picture in portrait/vertical orientation, when I view it on my computer, it comes out rotated 90 degrees sideways as if the camera were still in landscape mode.

In my settings, I have it set to scene mode "auto", not landscape or portrait, so it shouldn't be locked to landscape, but it seems to be.

When I lock the camera to portrait in scene mode in settings, it STILL shows as a landscape file when downloaded to my computer - rotated 90 degrees sideways

The weird thing is that when I view the photos in the Droid's photo viewer, they come out with proper orientation up. So the Droid knows what's supposed to be the proper side up. But when they get sent out, it all defaults to landscape.

Is there a setting I'm missing or a way that makes this work other than manually rotating them in a photo editor?

It's really frustrating, as most of the photos I take are portrait/vertical orientation, and I'd like to upload them straight to facebook without first downloading and editing them to the proper orientation.

Thanks for any help you can provide.

Sorry, never got any replies about this. Anyone have and info on this, please?

KZIWarrior

Silver Member
Reaction score
First of all - awesome to have you here on the forum, and THANK YOU!!

When will 2.1 be available for the Droid?
When will the N1 be available on Verizon?

Thanks!

The rest of the world (and certainly many of fanatics on this forum) will know the date before most VZW tech/support people will. viperboy has said as much about other topics if you look back through the thread. Search Google News regularly if you want to be 'in the know'. The SDK was just released the other day so...

bgray9

Reaction score
I am having a problem with my new droid. I am in an extended network area and the web has worked fine on my last three phones. With the droid the only way I can get it to work is by selecting home only instead of automatic on the mobile network. When I make this change I can not make a call? Any suggestions?

JoDroid

Reaction score
I tried to search this, but couldn't find it although I am sure someone else has asked this question:

Is there a way to tone down the Touch Sensitivity?

Appreciate any help with this :smile:

Thank You!

yomo

Reaction score
Hello Viper, thanks for the tip on "improve call quality" it took less then a min and worked great. I just got this phone 3 days ago so I am very green to this. Maybe u can help me with this issue I have. I keep having to delete emails,I chase them from sent, to send,to trash. They keep coming back. I have been deleteing emails from 2 days ago. I have deleted them by way of the menu button, by way of delete after opening them, they go away till I hit "load more messages" then they come back. I delete them all again from all folders and then, hello!!!! they come back. If i go to my AOL account they are not there.They will not leave my phone. Help! yes I am using my AOL account.I have no problems sending or recieving. Just getting rid of them.
Glad you are here, and I found you.

JoDroid

Reaction score
ok... I found another thread that states there isn't a calibrate on the Moto Droid, but the sensitivity will change if you add a screen protector.

I will give it a try :)

Status
Not open for further replies.