Verizon Tech here - ask away!

Status
Not open for further replies.

judes029

Reaction score
Thanks! I downloaded it and it works just fine. I'm wondering, though, now when I go into messages it asks me if I want to complete action as Handcent sms or Messaging. Will I have to do this every time I want to view a message? And what is the "Use by default for this action" check box for?

And now i'm getting texts in both "messaging" and "Handcent"...same message in both from same person.

Last edited:

mole'

Reaction score
Thanks! I downloaded it and it works just fine. I'm wondering, though, now when I go into messages it asks me if I want to complete action as Handcent sms or Messaging. Will I have to do this every time I want to view a message? And what is the "Use by default for this action" check box for?

i checked the use as default box. meaning it will use that same action everytime. Handcent or the normal messanger

hustler616

Reaction score
thank you

I just wanted to say thank you for this thread, has been very helpful in helping me get my Droid up and going. Thanks to everyone and a special thanks to Viperboy

windstrings

Reaction score
I just wanted to say thank you for this thread, has been very helpful in helping me get my Droid up and going. Thanks to everyone and a special thanks to Viperboy

I agree..... this is the 800th post.... Viperboy has done an awesome service without payback......

Viperboy, I hope you are having a wonderful time with your family during the holidays..... We know you have a life too!

thanks.... you've been awesome! :icon_ banana:

ronjon444

Reaction score
Firmware upgrade difficulties

Having difficulty installing the download from HTC for the upgrade from 1.5 to 2.0.8

I can see the zipped folder but cannot get it to install.

Help needed.

JessiesGirl

Reaction score
Having difficulty installing the download from HTC for the upgrade from 1.5 to 2.0.8

I can see the zipped folder but cannot get it to install.

Help needed.

Darlin',

If you are talking about HTC, then you are in the wrong thread. This is Motorola Droid thread, not an Eris, etc., thread.

What phone do you have? How did you receive this update?

Go back to the general website, look for your phone in one of the topics or search for it. Or try calling your cellphone service provider for help.

But you are not asking a Droid Q. This thread is for Motorola Droid Qs.

Best of luck to you!

brianr0131

Reaction score
Actually this is the Droid general forum which includes the Eris.

There is a Moto Droid specific forum listed further down.

windstrings

Reaction score
Actually this is the Droid general forum which includes the Eris.

There is a Moto Droid specific forum listed further down.

Yep.. a mix-up of terminology.... easy to do... I too thought the Moto Droid was the only droid..... appears its more like a family and the Droid the Daddy and the Droid Eris is one of the kids!

suzyq275

Reaction score
droid forum?

ok... I have the Droid Eris.... don't know if anyone can answer my question since all I seem to see are motorola based questions... (personally, i like the eris better than the moto. hubby has the moto I have the eris... Mine is more user friendly, can get to things faster and easier than he can)
ANYWAY,.... I have a question, recently, I have been getting an error on my msgs, and nothing else. It's random, and doesn't seem to matter if I have 10 msgs or 100... but I get this msg,"The application Messaging (process com.android.mms) has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again," I don't have any option but force close, and when I do, any messages prior to this and any I recieve during this are all deleted. it's mostly just annoying, but any help would certainly be appreciated!!!!!

oh hey! there's already an update available??? since when? thought it wasn't out yet!!

Last edited:

Spectrum

Reaction score
Puzzling? Majority of the ppl who have droids are experiencing horrible choppiness when scrolling on their browser... Infact, Ive yet to hear somebody who ISNT lagging/choppy when scrolling
No probs here either with 2.0.1

So your telling me that when your on a web page and you scroll up or down, its not choppy by any means more since the update? I find that hard to believe since after 95% of the ppl Ive spoken to and heard from find its choppier since the update. Unless your phones just a freak of nature

So your telling me that when your on a web page and you scroll up or down, its not choppy by any means more since the update? I find that hard to believe since after 95% of the ppl Ive spoken to and heard from find its choppier since the update. Unless your phones just a freak of nature

It may be a matter of seeking out those with those complaints..I thought just the opposite.
If you go to where its discussed and look at the different names of those involved I've never noticed it to be a large number.

When you consider the number of droids out now, I'm thinking its the minority.

I may have to video mine in action... its perfectly smooth with both the stock browser and the dolphin browser.

Even on web pages that are graphic intense? I really find this hard to believe, especially after going through 2 droids... But hey, I may just have bad luck with the 2 Ive had

my browser is smooth as ice. I find it stupid that you dont believe someone when they have no reason to lie to you.

BayouFlyFisher

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
No probs here either with 2.0.1

It may be a matter of seeking out those with those complaints..I thought just the opposite.
If you go to where its discussed and look at the different names of those involved I've never noticed it to be a large number.

When you consider the number of droids out now, I'm thinking its the minority.

I may have to video mine in action... its perfectly smooth with both the stock browser and the dolphin browser.

Even on web pages that are graphic intense? I really find this hard to believe, especially after going through 2 droids... But hey, I may just have bad luck with the 2 Ive had

my browser is smooth as ice. I find it stupid that you dont believe someone when they have no reason to lie to you.

I just tested mine, both the native browser and the XScope browers, on websites that are very, very graphic intense and they are smooth and seamless - no jerky/choppiness.

darkgreen

Reaction score
I just tested mine, both the native browser and the XScope browers, on websites that are very, very graphic intense and they are smooth and seamless - no jerky/choppiness.

Um, yeah. Same here. I didn't see a reason to comment since no problems here. I loaded a webcomic screen to test again, magnified it, and whipped it around every which way in the default browser. Smooth as can be. On a really long page I can whip it from the top and watch it glide to the bottom.

Maybe it's other apps causing issues? I'm pretty selective about what I install. I'm not casting aspersions, just trying to figure out what might be different.

jeff.essy

Reaction score
can you get animated texts that move on the droid ?if so how they dont work on mine

windstrings

Reaction score
Write down all your apps and uninstall all of them and go back and then check your browser... there is a widget or something interfering..... Hopefully your not running an Antivirus app.....if so, toss it... you don't need it until at least one person on the planet shows up with a virus on the Droid!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.