Verizon support

acetwo

Reaction score
Verizon has been known to slow down their support on phones after it has been released.

ANyone afraid that Verizon will stop supporting the droid after time passes?

There has been a lot of talk of multi language support but who knows if verizon will continue to support

coolkidd

Reaction score
Verizon has been known to slow down their support on phones after it has been released.

There has been a lot of talk of multi language support but who knows if verizon will continue to support

It will be like any other phone.... Phones usually last 2-years (for me anyway) so support is within that range, then I signed another contract and get a new 'Kick Ass' phone.

mth04

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
It's ok

This is a dead topic really :). VZW will support this device for the life of yours. Just call in. Next year people will ask the same thing about the Droid2 or Passion or Storm or what ever comers out. VZW has the best customer support or a wireless carrier that I have ever seen. I actually think they have done a very good job of improving in that department

MrTommy

Reaction score
I would agree with Miami1683. I've had nothing but great customer support from Verizon, both on the phone, and especially in person. I've been with them since the AirTouch days and bag phones.

Donkey Hodie

Reaction score
If Verizon ditched support on any phone that wasn't the latest "hot new thing" it'd take about 3 minutes to get all over the web. My experience with their support has been first rate.

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
This is like saying AT&T would drop support for their iPhone.

Cannot stress enough this is VZW flagship device for the years ahead.

Mojo

Reaction score
Verizon tech support??? Whats that.... All you need is DroidForums.net hahaha

styx

Reaction score

There has been a lot of talk of multi language support but who knows if Verizon will continue to support

I bought my Droid online and when I turned it on and it appeared to work flawlessly. I later noticed the battery icon had a question mark (?) in it. I called customer support and she had me try a couple things. Nothing we tried worked so she told me to go to my local Verizon Store and exchange it. She checked their inventory and told be they had a lot of them in stock. She also told me they would try a couple things as well and if none of them worked they would give me a new one. They did end up having to exchange it and the new one works perfectly!!! Verizon has great customer support and I will continue my service with them!

mth04

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
i meant in terms of firmware etc
Only if Google goes under : )

Agreed! The Android OD is more popular now than ever. With the Passion, Nexus, Calgary (or whate ever it will be called) all coming soon. The OS will continue to eveolve. Google and Android are here to stay for a while. VZW will offer up the tech support and the best netowrk. What more could you ask for :)