Verizon Support Claims That Their Samsung Galaxy S II Will Indeed Have 4G LTE

WoZzY

The GRD Dev Team
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Verizon Support Claims That Their Samsung Galaxy S II Will Indeed Have 4G LTE

On 07.27.11, In News, Rumors, by Kellex
Official Verizon support just dropped the tweet you are seeing above which states that their version of the Samsung Galaxy S II will have 4G LTE. We have all been speculating as to whether or not the device would launch on Big Red with 4G since it certainly seems like it will on every other carrier. The idea of it launching so close to the Bionic though, had us doubting. This would seemingly change those thoughts and is huge news, especially if we are to see the device in August. Unless of course that in an hour they retract it to say that they meant “the Galaxy Tab 10.1 will have 4G.” But for now though, we’re jumping up and down with joy.
If this statement does indeed hold up, feel free to tell us in the comments what you plan on making your next device.
Cheers @sparty569!

Source : DROID-LIFE

chuckz28

Reaction score
Full of WIN!! Game changer for sure. Maybe dual launch of gs2 and bionic on the same day? They have been launching multiple devices at one time lately.

WhiteyBear

Reaction score
That's just too bad for the Bionic, I've been waiting since last year for that phone to come out, and would've purchased it [hands down] had it made ANY of the propsed launched dates. But now, there's competition, and I will not be quickly ordering....anything.....until Sept. Since the SGSII will have LTE, this quickly becomes an instant "tie" with the Bionic. I could care less about locked bootloaders, I just want the darn device to work as advertised, and the "smart people" can show me how to do all the magical gobbledy-gook later.

Good job Samsung, you just called Motorola on their bluff. The bionic is the great "should've been/could've been" but their marketing department, and their development team just couldn't play their cards right. Either way, I intend to play with both devices fairly, and make a logical conclusion now.

soulpatch

Reaction score
VZW support has already started to backtrack so we will have to wait and see if it was true or if someone there had a bit too much to drink today

chuckz28

Reaction score
*Red hot chilli peppers song love rollercoaster plays in mind*

barski

Reaction score
Looks like Verizon is taking back what they said..

Update: And as expected, the damage control has begun, although no one is necessarily denying that the phone exists or that it will or will not have 4G. You’ll see in both responses that different support reps are scrambling…
Not exactly sure what “not in our website” is supposed to mean, but again, isn’t really a denial.​
If this statement does indeed hold up, feel free to tell us in the comments what you plan on making your next device.
Cheers @sparty569!

Source: Droid-Life

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
If the GalaxyII was LTE, I would definitely have to kick the tires to choose between it and the Bionic. Otherwise, it's no contest.

OP
WoZzY

WoZzY

The GRD Dev Team
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
i feel verizon will offer this as a 4G LTE as the samsung galaxy S ll for sprint will offer there version on 4g

OP
WoZzY

WoZzY

The GRD Dev Team
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
The thunderbolt is pretty thin

This Thread Has Been Thunder Struck By WoZzYs ThunderBolt