Verizon SUCKS!!! We want the "DROID" that "DOES"

NastyNate08

Reaction score
Why has Verizon put sooo many restrictions on this ground breaking phone!?!?!

It seems like every Technical/Spec error I get, I have someone saying Verizon doesn't allow this or that....

Where is this "Droid" that "Does"????

We want to "Connect" our phones via bluetooth not just pair
We want to share photos and videos using bluetooth
We want to share Ringtones through SMS
We want to send videos and notifications through SMS
We don't need MMS conversion to not be accepted
We want to take screen shots of our BEAUTIFUL phone
WE WANT THE DROID THAT DOES!

EDIT*** I am sure other users have found other things not capable, these are just the issues I have found so far!

Vulcan1600

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I'm not sure how any of this is because of Verizon Wireless restrictions. Do you think any of this is because of the manufacturer or software that might need more development?

huskur

Reaction score

It seems like every Technical/Spec error I get, I have someone saying Verizon doesn't allow this or that....

We want to share photos and videos using bluetooth Can be done
We want to share Ringtones through SMS Can be done
We want to send videos and notifications through SMS Can be done
We don't need MMS conversion to not be accepted Is Accepted
We want to take screen shots of our BEAUTIFUL phone Can be done
WE WANT THE DROID THAT DOES! DROID DOES

EDIT*** I am sure other users have found other things not capable, these are just the issues I have found so far!

Learn your phone and use the market. That will answer all your questions. Better Yet.......seach the forum for your answers.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score

Many of the things you mention here are not Verizon issues. Any Bluetooth issues are Google issues, not Verizon.

Screen shots can be done, they are done all the time it's just a bit more complicated. Again that is not a Verizon issue. And there SHOULD be an app for it IMHO.

Verizon as a provider is huge and one of the main reasons people wanted the Droid so they could use their network. I don't know what your issues are with MMS, but perhaps I don't use the phone the same way you do. When I send an MMS I use handcent and it works just fine. Sending ringtones, that I don't understand it must be a generation thing (I'm an old fart). So if that's a Verizon thing then I'll take you at your word on that.

This is a first generation phone and you got to expect that it's not going to be perfect. Did you own a smart phone prior to the Droid? I did and it didn't even come close to the Droids capabilities.

OP
N

NastyNate08

Reaction score
I'm not sure how any of this is because of Verizon Wireless restrictions. Do you think any of this is because of the manufacturer or software that might need more development?

At this point.... I don't know EXACTLY what the issue is.....

But I am notthe MOST tech savvy person, but every time I post an issue.... I have at least someone posting, "Verizon restrict this"

mth04

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score

My question is were you thinking the title would get more attention? One more time for everyone. VZW has nothing ) absolutly NOTHING to do with the OS. This is a Google experience device. Write a letter to Google or Motorla if you feel like that will help you. Now i see someone else has pointed out that the Droid does most of that. Let's see where this discussion goes

OP
N

NastyNate08

Reaction score

^^^^^ If my phone can't "connect" with other phones only pair, how can you send ANYTHING?!?!? Just tried it yesterday with a Verizon phone & AT&T phone
^^^^^ I have tried Handcent and Chomp and you can look up my started thread I have over 50+ posts about people having the same issue. "File size too large"
^^^^^Just tried it yesterday, and the file "SENT" but not accepted Verizon phone & AT&T phone DELETED the file.
^^^^^Only with a home screen replacement, yes. How about everyone that doesn't have a home replacement OR ROOTED phone voiding contract

Learn your phone and use the market. That will answer all your questions. Better Yet.......seach the forum for your answers.

I don't know what Cracked out Droid YOU HAVE!!!! but you can take my droid right now and try to do any of the above and I'll give you $100 if it works! Verizon fanboy over here^^^

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Nate, that wasn't the only reply you got on your thread. I have the feeling that you're arguing just to argue and I didn't understand the "Verizon Fanboy" comment at the end.

mth04

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score

^^^^^ If my phone can't "connect" with other phones only pair, how can you send ANYTHING?!?!? Just tried it yesterday with a Verizon phone & AT&T phone
^^^^^ I have tried Handcent and Chomp and you can look up my started thread I have over 50+ posts about people having the same issue. "File size too large"
^^^^^Just tried it yesterday, and the file "SENT" but not accepted Verizon phone & AT&T phone DELETED the file.
^^^^^Only with a home screen replacement, yes. How about everyone that doesn't have a home replacement OR ROOTED phone voiding contract

I don't know what Cracked out Droid YOU HAVE!!!! but you can take my droid right now and try to do any of the above and I'll give you $100 if it works! Verizon fanboy over here^^^

Nate please settle down a little. Calling names isn't welcome on this site. If you wish to continue this thread lease do do so. Do it in a adult manner though

Vulcan1600

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Nate, that wasn't the only reply you got on your thread. I have the feeling that you're arguing just to argue and I didn't understand the "Verizon Fanboy" comment at the end.
Apparently school was cancelled today. We overlook the absurdity of the message thread name, try to help, and we're fanboys. Simple searches will yield the answers to the o.p.

MK-9

Reaction score
Out of the 3-4 things on that list that I've tried I've been able to do them all. My droid "does" as well.

mjs31

Reaction score
Apparently school was cancelled today. We overlook the absurdity of the message thread name, try to help, and we're fanboys. Simple searches will yield the answers to the o.p.

I agree. Sounds like Nate needs to take a nap and learn his phone. Why bother trying to help someone like this.

huskur

Reaction score

I have a "stock" droid. Not rooted. If your phone will not do any of the things you stated you need to take it back and get it replaced. If the next one doesn't do it, it's user error.

Using handcent just hit the "menu" softkey and you should see the option to all your sms/mms issues. Files to large? It automatically resizes them for you if its a picture. If its an audio file it has to be less than 300 KB. I do think there is an option to increase or decrease the sending size in the settings of handcent.

As far as bluetoothing, you need to make sure both devices are "dicoverable". Again, if your phone doesn't do this, its defective. ALL droids will do it.

Screenshots? So what you need a home replacement app to do it? Thats what open source development and the android OS is all about. If its to much confusion or to "brain heavy" may the droid is not for you. First though, giving you the benefit of the doubt, maybe your phone indeed is flawed.

I speak for all here when i say........we are here to help each other

JimMariner

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 64G
As stated previously by others. Verizon is not the one responsible for this, except for Marketing and the Distribution of it. This in itself is a Miracle with VZW. They have always held tight restrictions on what a device can and can not do. This device is the most wide open thing that has ever crossed a VZW counter. This is a masterpiece of Motorola & Google. That is where you should be complaining. Complaining here, you are only making noise.

Have you ever lived with a BlackBerry Storm? This thing is so much more open in the OS than that will ever be. I may have liked my Storm alot during it's time in my hands. This Android Based, Motorola DROID Smokes it big time. It leaves all the RIM devices in the dust. I can say this, because I have had them.

As for VZW Fanboys, Most of us are customers of VERIZION for a reason. Ever see the MAP? I travel extensively, and need to have the Cell Service that VZW provides. It is better than any of the other providers I have had over my years of Cell usage. I have tried most of them too.

Before you open another Thread Ranting and Raving about What DROID Doesn't, Look at what it DOES. But if you are so unhappy with it, take it back, get another device. Be done with having a DROID.

Do some research, instead of complaining. Just because the DROID Doesn't do something for you, doesn't mean that DROID Cant do it anyway. Many people are working on solutions to some of the issues you bring up, there will be solutions. Give it time. This device has only been in the wild for 3 months.

Chill Out, Relax, Don't let a piece of Tech get you so worked up.

Cryostatic

Reaction score
As a longtime AT&T customer, I was blown away by the Droid's lack of carrier-related nonsense. Hell, my AT&T V3XX has a dedicated Death Star button on it. VZW has a number of related apps available for free download on the Android market, but they're not forced on the phone by default, forever to sit permanently on your home screen.

I will admit, if I cared about the things like bluetooth connectivity between phones, I might be a little disappointed in that, but I'll wager those are primarily issues with the Android OS. As far as MMS goes, I have that problem occasionally with my V3XX, if I take a picture that somehow manages to be over a certain size, the person I send it to never receives it. The Droid may be able to take 5 megapixel pictures, but I don't think the carriers allow files of that size to be sent in MMS.