Verizon Store Experience

Stelv

Silver Member
Reaction score
Can you get me a phone for under $250 on a one year contract after April 17th? Joking. My friend is a rep and she does know what she is talking about. She actually explained the Android OS thing to me when it first came out. So it's hit or miss. I am glad that we have these forums for research now.

wingdo

Reaction score
The reps in Verizon stores are salesman. Phone enthusiasts or not, their job is to make you buy something. They would rather you buy a phone now and guarantee your business versus telling about something coming in the future, where in that time you could go with another carrier. Not to mention that they are public Verizon representatives, meaning that can't (shouldn't) be talking about rumors or anything unofficial, at least not while on the job or as a selling point.

I agree with the sentiments here. But instead of telling the OP that the TB is the Inc replacement (aka Inc2) why not just be honest and explain why the TB is BETTER than the Inc2. It is as far as I am concerned. Point out the bigger screen, point out the goodness of 4G as even if he doesn't have 4G in his area today, he will most likely sometime this year and most definitely during the time he has a TB. You can be a great salesperson while still not lying to the customer.

phreek

Reaction score
Ya the sales reps at any store are worthless...

Sent from my Droid

lol thanks.

first off let me say i'm sorry for the bad experiance. i know the incredable 2 is coming out, just dont know when. hell i dont even know the specs on it. the fact of the matter is verizon DOES NOT let me repeat this, DOES NOT tell there reps whats coming out. the reps found out the iphone was coming the same day the rest of the world did. the thunderbolt they were told about 2 days before launch.

so in other words going into the stores and asking about future products wont get you far. the reps are simply not given that info to avoid the info getting to a little placed called the internet.

thats the simple truth of it.

also you guys have to understand what all the reps have to know on a day by day basis. all of verizon policys reguarding price plans, overages, return polices, warrenty info, insurance info, global traveling info, then throw on about 30 differnt devices. in other words there is A LOT for a rep to know. in my honest humble opinion there is no way that a rep can know everything about a phone or phones. there is just too much to know about them. sure basic features, memory, camera, that kind of thing they should know. but things they dont actually do in the store like sycing to a pc, or troubleshooting. . . . . . your better off just googleing (sp) it.

also most sites are NOT blocked from reps. i may or may not be on this site as a referance tool a lot while im at work. cause like i said one person cant know everything about these phones. when the rep told you that, he probably didnt want to because he would look dumb.

again sorry for the xp, let me know if there is anything i can do to help

Sorry, don't take it personally. By that I was meaning it doesn't matter if you go to VZW or Sprint or T-mobile. Most of the reps don't really know much about how the phones actually operate.

debdroid1a

Reaction score
Typical.
I just do research before i go and prefer not to have a sales person talk to me.

I did that before I bought my Droid1. I even came to this board and read up on it. Saw a youtube video of it againt the Iphone4. And read up more on it.
Went into a Verizon store and told him what I wanted. he got it and set it up.
He asked if I played around with the demo. I said no. He then told me about some training they had and gave me a card. I just took the card and smiled. Doubted I would need it.

When my first Droid1 dieded on me, I went to another Verizon store (I've moved) and the lady there was the tech and seemed pretty smart. But there wasn't anything she culd do with my other phone. She asked if my home screen looked like the one on the phone she was giving me, I said I use Launcher pro for my home screen and this phone should be fine. I don't think she knew about Launcher Pro or didn't think I would, she gave me a weird look.

Maybe I don't look very smart... but I'm not cluless. I don't want to be clueless so I read (love the internet for that).

Suuperflie

Reaction score
This just goes back to a prior post I made last week when I went into a Verizon store to see if they had any news on the Bionic. The salesman that came to talk to me had just recently bought a TB and he was told me the TB was the better phone. He said it had 2 seperate 1Ghz processors and more ram(which the ram part is true). I told him the Bionic's ram was DDR2 and he said he didn't know that and he'd have to look it up. Then I said, the Bionic also has a qHD display and the TB only has a WVGA. He said, no, the TB has a HD display. I told him again it didn't and of cource he said yes it does. I don't know whether the guy actually thought that stuff was right or if he was just trying to BS me and make a sale. I'll be going back there soon to ask him how his 2 cpu HD phone is doing.

Mr.VZW

Reaction score
Sorry, don't take it personally. By that I was meaning it doesn't matter if you go to VZW or Sprint or T-mobile. Most of the reps don't really know much about how the phones actually operate.

no harm done man. i'll admit you probably know more about these phones then i do. :)

Laur3nNewm4n

Reaction score
The Verizon sales guys where I bought my D1 were very slick talkers. They sure seemed like they knew a lot about the phones and the Android OS. They didn't try to sell me any BS, necessarily, but I think they thought they knew a lot more than they actually do. (For instance, they insisted I download a task killer out of box because they were so beneficial. Later, of course, I found out they actually did more harm than good.)

I did research for about a month before I decided on the D1, so I went in and came out with exactly what I wanted.