Verizon Staffs its CES Booth With People Who Aren't There

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
invisible_man.jpg

No, this isn't a story about ghosts or an invisible man. Verizon demonstrated at their CES booth the ability to use their new VGo technology, a state-of-the-art robotic telepresence with embedded 4G LTE connectivity to replicate a remote person’s presence in their booth, enabling complete freedom of movement and interactive conversations with attendees. The technology is quite versatile and is already in use in various venues today. One notable example is Healthcare organizations using VGo to monitor patients, leading to higher levels of care and lower costs.

Ultimately, the technology has a cornucopia of different uses, from board meetings with remote members, to helping special needs children attend school from home. Here's a quote from the press release, and you can read their full press release at the source link below:

Peter N. Vicars, president and chief executive officer for VGo Communications said, “When you have a solution that is guided remotely, the wireless connectivity is unbelievably important – we don’t work without it. Using a wide-area, high-speed wireless network greatly expands the applications for VGo, and Verizon 4G LTE is the first service that meets the unique requirements of our real-time solution.”

Source: Verizon Wireless Press Release - Verizon Staffs Its CES Booth With People Who Aren’t There

tjk629

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
NEXUS 6
Just like in Caprica!

Sweettooth

Reaction score
Just like their 4g network...it is not there either

BURN! Dang Verizon you just gonna let him punk you like that!?

That was exactly what I was thinking though; you walk up and instead of a person's face it's a white screen with "Sorry, temporarily out of order due to LTE outage." scrolling across it.

Juicemane

Bang Bang
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com
BURN! Dang Verizon you just gonna let him punk you like that!?

That was exactly what I was thinking though; you walk up and instead of a person's face it's a white screen with "Sorry, temporarily out of order due to LTE outage." scrolling across it.

lol qft. Could you imagine arguing with a monitor at a Verizon store. "Sorry this session has been lost"

bazar6

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.imbazar.me
lol qft. Could you imagine arguing with a monitor at a Verizon store. "Sorry this session has been lost"

That'll be their excuse with pissed off people... The crunching and "can you hear me now" is going to make a come back!