Verizon / Sprint

Jxxbaker

Reaction score
I have a Verizon Eris but it always says Sprint in the upper right corner of the screen and also shows the network as Sprint. Anyone know why it always shows Sprint. This is my first smart phone and I'm a newbeeee.

Dallasguy7

Reaction score
Did you buy this new or used?

I found that when I rooted and updated to Froyo via instructions on this site that this also began happening with my Eris. I also received a welcome letter from the "Android Team" at Google thanking me for buying a new Nexus One. I don't worry about it though as the phone works just fine.

OP
J

Jxxbaker

Reaction score
Bought new

I also rooted and updated to Froyo via instructions on this site about 2 days ago and that's when I first noticed Sprint on the screen. Mine works fine also. I was just worried about incurring extra charges or other surprises. As long as everything works OK, I guess I won't worry about it. Thanks for the quick reply.

joe3681

Reaction score
I dont remember which ROM it was that does that. I believe Kaos v36. (v37 fixed that BTW). It's because it was a port from a Sprint ROM.

Install ROM Manager
Go to the link below and DL the zip. Put the Zip on your SD Card.
Open ROM manager and click "Install ROM from SD Card" I think it is.
Browse to that fix, follow prompts.

Itll make it say Verizon

Bob Dammit

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I have a Verizon Eris but it always says Sprint in the upper right corner of the screen and also shows the network as Sprint. Anyone know why it always shows Sprint. This is my first smart phone and I'm a newbeeee.
The carrier banner is in the build.prop file somewhere IIRC. Easiest solution is to upgrade to v.37 like joe said.

OP
J

Jxxbaker

Reaction score
The fix

It worked like a charm. It now says Verizon Wireless everywhere it did say Sprint.....Thanks again for the info...

joe3681

Reaction score
Hang on to that. v37 is the same way only it says TeamIRC or something stupid. Had to use the fix on 37 as well.